MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,102
192.168.1.1 in the browser User/pass - admin Or admin/password Or admin and no password

thank you ... will post the stats after i reach home...
here...
Modem StatusConnection Status ConnectedUs Rate (Kbps) 509Ds Rate (Kbps) 2042US Margin 12DS Margin 15Trained Modulation ADSL_2plus_AnxMLOS Errors 0DS Line Attenuation 27US Line Attenuation 17Peak Cell Rate 1200 cells per secCRC Rx Fast 0CRC Tx Fast 0CRC Rx Interleaved 1CRC Tx Interleaved 0Path Mode InterleavedDSL StatisticsNear End F4 Loop Back Count 0Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

Switched to 8 mbps yesterday and all I had were disconnections. Today, I can't even connect! :angry: :angry:EDIT: Connected for like 5 seconds...aaaannnd we are back to ADSL blinking.

Ok. It has finally connected and the connection has been stable for an hour or so.
Here are my line stats -

Several disconnects for me as well today and yesterday.
Switched to a new DSL router D-Link DSL 502T (No ADSL2+ Modulation found). Stats below. Still yet to get line checked.
ITEM DOWNSTREAM UPSTREAM UNIT (DB)
SNR MARGIN 7 7
Line Att 41 24
Data Rate 6434 1004 (kbps)

x720 said:
If it continues to stay stable, well and good. Those stats aren't good.Old wiring?
Yup. 6-7 years old. The problem starts when I restart the router. If I switch the router OFF and then ON again, the ADSL light just goes blink..blink..blink..tries to connect, then goes off and it keeps doing that until I tinker around with the modulation and DNS servers. Yesterday it disconnected about 3-4 times automatically and I had to play with the settings all over again each time.
BTW stats in what range are considered good?
EDIT: Ok. So I googled and the SNR and attenuation are indeed really bad. Would changing the line from the junction box to my house would help increase the SNR?

@petfrog,It may help to change the line. I'm exploring that option myself but haven't been able to get hold of the linesman as yet. Do share your experience (and cost involved, if any).He probably has something that checks for signal strength. You may want to see if the attenuation is happening between your house switch and the wall socket, and the compare that to the main junction box to see if that's the faulty wire.Surprisingly, my landline is ultra clear in spite of such high attenuation/low SNR values.

Back