MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,099
No problems. ADSL is connected since 3 days without a single re-sync
Some telnet stats:

Hate the interleaving on downstream. It is causing unnecessary 6ms increase in ping times. :mad ():
This TP-Link Modem is actually awesome!
[color=#ff0000;]Pro Tip: Don't forget to reboot your modem before 12 midnight[/color] :)

Ok, so the stats seem fine for now. Obviously they could go down anytime and you'd loose sync. Some stuff you could try if you loose sync again: buy a better ADSL modem or have the line changed. Or bypass the splitter and connect the line directly to the modem. You won't be able to use the phone in that room though.

x720 said:
Ok, so the stats seems fine for now. Obviously they could go down anytime and you'd loose sync.Some stuff you could try if you loose sync again: buy a better ADSL modem or have the line changed.Or bypass the splitter and connect the line directly to the modem. You won't be able to use the phone in that room though.
The splitter is bypassed. I connected the phone in another room.
My current router is http://www.dlink.co.in/products/?pid=452
Is it good enough?

Disconnected yet again. But thankfully it came back online.
I never faced any sort of disconnections in my previous 2 Mbps plan. Surely my line is not able to handle this bandwidth?

It would seem so. File a complaint citing frequent disconnection. Meanwhile, switch to g.DMT only for stability.

Back