MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,094
x720 said:
The config looks fine from what I can see. Set DNS to auto and try?
I was trying the same earlier, when panzer showed his screenshots i added that dns to check if that is working but same issue persists. Also i tried doing DNS ping doesnt work..says not reachable.

+1 to the guys who've been so helpful on this thread.I have tried another modem now D-Link DSL 502T which is still not ADSL 2+. Connection has been extremely unstable, this morning Downstream SNR dropped to zero. No changes in line as such.While I am considering getting the line changed, would you recommend and really good ADSL (Modem only) which may make a difference to the stats and may have decent amplification of a low SNR signal? I plug my DSL modem into an Asus RTN13U (dd-wrrted) which is unquestionably stable.Stats are same as posted in a previous post of mined except for the down SNR going all the way to zero at times. These problems have cropped up after moving to the 8 Mbps plan. Any idea why?

Increasing the downstream results in a decreased snr. Further if the snr goes below 6dB, sync is lost.The 502T isn't a great modem, I believe, it is pretty old too. Switching to a newer TP-Link model will certainly increase snr, how much? I can't say, because your line does have issues.

I think 'Enable IGMP Proxy' should not be selected& Enable IGMP snooping should not be selected.Use 59.185.3.10 & 59.185.3.12 (thats what mtnl uses these days)You can try making 'Start IP address' to 192.168.1.2 or maybe /3If that does not work then since everyhting seems ok but still not connecting then I suggest you do a factory reset & start from scratch, maybe something has missed our attention. If that doesn't work then you might have to call TP as it could be a h/w problemBTW I am having trouble trying to access my modem settings page just now as well as for the last few days.

Hi Suhel,
I use the same modem.. Well, i got the issue as to why you aren't able to connect.
Your 1st snap of settings indicate that you are in a Bridge mode...

I advice you to reconfigure the settings again... !

the bridge wan interface gets created automatically and even when i did factory reset it got created on its own. I had even deleted the bridge interfacce but it didnt seem to have any effect the PPPOE is not able to connect, if u dont mind can you post ur configuration screenshots of status and network wan and lan settings?

Sure ! Will post the screenshots
Give me some time.. I will be back posting the Screenshots.. Please be online so that you can try it out
Suhel said:
the bridge wan interface gets created automatically and even when i did factory reset it got created on its own. I had even deleted the bridge interfacce but it didnt seem to have any effect the PPPOE is not able to connect, if u dont mind can you post ur configuration screenshots of status and network wan and lan settings?

krish_88 said:
Sure ! Will post the screenshots
Give me some time.. I will be back posting the Screenshots.. Please be online so that you can try it out
thnaks yea i am online , just juggling between TP-Link and old router so might seem offline but will keep logging to old one to reply as i get notifications on my mobile once u post. thanks
btw here is screenshot showing two interfaces one bridge(got created automatically) and pppoe which i am trying to create

@Suhel
Hav u updated the Firmware........ maybe try tht.....
Also show the System Logs.... the PPP rows.......

Back