MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,094
panzer008 said:
if its faulty...... good thing u found out abt it so early....... so now u can just get a replacement frm the shop rather than RMA.....
That can be tried but unless its a big shop who cares about his reputation they guys will not bother (very few bother about the rule of DOA, which can vary from 24/48 hrs to a week) & say go to service center. :)

socrates said:
That can be tried but unless its a big shop who cares about his reputation they guys will not bother (very few bother about the rule of DOA, which can vary from 24/48 hrs to a week) & say go to service center. :)
hmm i called up tp support guys he tried as well didnt work, then connected rj45 from mtnl modem to TP-Link and that was working. he also suggested some issue with ADSL. i will try calling up the shop to see if they will change otherwise will have to go to grant road service center.
Anyways out of all the bad things, one thing surprised me this morning i am getting download speeds of 8.71 mbps, strange dont know how long it lasts
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3138494263

:playful: :rotfl:
Looks like they now made the downstream profile to 10 MBPS on their own ( when i called earlier they said they dont have 10 only 8 given to all)
This is suddenly now giving me speed of 8.7 Mbps , but SNR marging has gone from 7+ to 2.4 not seeing any disconnections as of now, will check tomm morning.

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin​
:​
2.4 7.6 db
Line Attenuation​
14.6 11.7 db
Data Rate​
10240 989 kbps

^^ 2.4 SNR Margin is too low.
I would keep a close eye on disconnections and line re-syncs.

Here are my stats after 1 week of TP-Link TD-8817 Modem use:

sanke1 said:
^^ 2.4 SNR Margin is too low.
I would keep a close eye on disconnections and line re-syncs.

Here are my stats after 1 week of TP-Link TD-8817 Modem use:
yea i know its low , but i havent observed any disconnection since last 3 hours , have to go to office now so will test this again tomm morning.
btw how much download speed you get on speedtest?

Are you on 10 Mbps VDSL? Otherwise MTNL has set your download speed to 9 Mbps by mistake in RADIUS server.
Enjoy!

@sanke1, hows your experience been with the [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]TP-[/color]Link[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] TD-8817? Its ₹ 901 on FlipKart.[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Would you recommend it. I need to get an ADSL 2+ router in any case.[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Also, if you are on a 8 Mbps download plan, why is your upload synced to just 1024 kbps? (I thought they came with 2 Mbps upload speeds up to FUP)[/color]

enkay said:
@sanke1, hows your experience been with the [color=#282828;][font="'Droid Sans'"]TP-[/color][/font]Link[color=#282828;][font="'Droid Sans'"] TD-8817? Its ₹ 901 on FlipKart.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828;][font="'Droid Sans'"]Would you recommend it?[/color][/font]
[color=#ff0000;]YES[/color]
enkay said:
[color=#282828;][font="'Droid Sans'"]Also, if you are on a 8 Mbps download plan, why is your upload synced to just 1024 kbps? (I thought they came with 2 Mbps upload speeds up to FUP)[/color][/font]
Yes When I had somehow gotten the dude to sync me at 102400 kbps downstream, the corresponding upstream sync for that profile is 1024 kbps only. If I ask them to increase my upstream speed to 2048, then they will bring down the downstream sync speed to 8192 kbps.

Currently I am very happy with it since I get exact 8 Mbps download speed.

Back