MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,099
enkay said:
@petfrog,It may help to change the line. I'm exploring that option myself but haven't been able to get hold of the linesman as yet. Do share your experience (and cost involved, if any).He probably has something that checks for signal strength. You may want to see if the attenuation is happening between your house switch and the wall socket, and the compare that to the main junction box to see if that's the faulty wire.Surprisingly, my landline is ultra clear in spite of such high attenuation/low SNR values.
My landline is clear only when I connect it in my room with the router. At any other point in the house, it gives me a sh*tload of disturbance.

Other point in the house ie parallel connection? Read the post in my signature. Parallel connections are absolute no-nos if not done in the right way. Moreoever, you could test your internal wiring by connecting your router to the point where the wire first enters your house. If there is a marked improvement in stats, your internal wiring is faulty. If not, then, the line from the junction box to your house is faulty and needs to be changed.

Here we go again. Another disconnection. HELP! :/

x720 said:
Other point in the house ie parallel connection?Read the post in my signature.
Nope, not parallel. Mine is setup 2 without splitting the main. I'll install the filter.

thank you ... will post the stats after i reach home...here... Modem StatusConnection Status ConnectedUs Rate (Kbps) 509Ds Rate (Kbps) 2042US Margin 12DS Margin 15Trained Modulation ADSL_2plus_AnxMLOS Errors 0DS Line Attenuation 27US Line Attenuation 17Peak Cell Rate 1200 cells per secCRC Rx Fast 0CRC Tx Fast 0CRC Rx Interleaved 1CRC Tx Interleaved 0Path Mode InterleavedDSL StatisticsNear End F4 Loop Back Count 0Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0
No. I don't think your line can support 8mbps in its current state. If you do opt for an 8mbps, I'm not sure what speeds you can expect. Could be around 4mbps, but can't say really. Give it a try if you want to, and see how the snr changes.

Thank you so much x720. The disturbance is gone. Dunno why didn't I think of that. I still can't connect to the internet. Any one has any advice?

I am kind of confused here, my plan got activated on 27th, according to the MTNL portal I've used "7,922.43 Mb" so I have not yet consumed my quota.
But I am getting only 1mbps speed, was earlier getting speeds unto 7mbps. Is this something to do with the month end or am I headed to another karan joharistic melodrama of calling the exchange fellows and all the other bull feces.

(Fair usage for a month/30)*no of days left in the billing cycleNow, afaik, mtnl bills everyone starting the first of each month. So, going by that logic, you would've been given data for 4 days ie 27 28 29 30.

x720 said:
(Fair usage for a month/30)*no of days left in the billing cycleNow, afaik, mtnl bills everyone starting the first of each month. So, going by that logic, you would've been given data for 4 days ie 27 28 29 30.
Ahhh ok, understood thanks a lot :)

Back