MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,121
enkay said:
Mine's an OfficeConnect (3Com) and doesn't have a "Max Rate" on it. I have a beetel lying around but the router keeps going offline every 10 minutes or so.This modem doesn't give me the option of changing modulation either. Should try with another modem I guess. Any suggestions?https://i.imgur.com/SuDhXR0.png(Sorry it had to be a link, the colours are too disturbing to my eyes to be an inline image :nonchalance: )
You should get any Broadcom based ADSL2+ modem. D-Link 2520 something. Different modems behave differently on ADSL.@panzerYou need to change your plan again to 1750. 1.5 mbps is far better than 0.5 mbps.

Thank you for the continuous help. Appreciate it.
I could complain to the linesman - how will he go about fixing it though? When I tell him there's noise, I need to be able to support that with "current" and "ideal" stats, don't I? Any pointers will help.
Once this is fixed, I could probably go for the D-Link 2520 or something.
I bypassed my splitter and this is what I now got. I suspect this could be something within my house?
https://i.imgur.com/zyll7YW.gif

sanke1 said:
@panzerYou need to change your plan again to 1750. 1.5 mbps is far better than 0.5 mbps.
Convincing parents to chg frm 1333 to 1690 was hard enuf........ now again chg to higher plan within a month is going to be impossible......
Plus I wont rly hit FUP of 85GB(87GB as shown in profile)....... had downloaded 28GB game this time...... tht wont be regular for every month.....
Also I have Bandwidth Control of 2Mbps in place on everyone else in house except all my devices..... also chged frm Annex M to A...... so upload speed will come down to 1Mbps instead of 2Mbps......
Lets monitor for a few months...... if I hit FUP again.... will go for 1750...... by tht time we'll come to know the fate of those promotional plans as well.....

panzer008 said:
Convincing parents to chg frm 1333 to 1690 was hard enuf........ now again chg to higher plan within a month is going to be impossible...... Plus I wont rly hit FUP of 85GB(87GB as shown in profile)....... had downloaded 28GB game this time...... tht wont be regular for every month..... Also I have Bandwidth Control of 2Mbps in place on everyone else in house except all my devices..... also chged frm Annex M to A...... so upload speed will come down to 1Mbps instead of 2Mbps...... Lets monitor for a few months...... if I hit FUP again.... will go for 1750...... by tht time we'll come to know the fate of those promotional plans as well.....
You have to be a bit sneaky. Write a letter to MTNL Customer Care requesting for a plan change from 1690 to 1750. Submit a Xerox copy of a recent bill along with so that they will think that you are a legit person. Mention your telephone and CA number on it. :pleasantry:

sanke1 said:
Returned D-Link and got TP-Link in it's place.I want to sell off my previous ones. 1. Asus RT-N56U (Router Only) for Rs. 2999. New one sells for Rs. 8000-90002. Netgear DGND3300 V2 (ADSL2 Modem + N300 Wifi Router) for Rs. 2500. Reason for upgrade: Switching to wireless ac standard. Both are in perfect working condition along with their original packaging boxes. Any takers?

Which ac standard make/model did you go in for? And how much did you pay for it? BTW Does ip6 work on it in PPPoE mode?

Ok well, as the OP I seem to be the last one getting this plan. There is a whole story behind how I had to get it though.
Anyways, reason for posting is do you guys have any idea how to keep an eye on the FUP on .. wait for it ... wait for it .. MAC OS :sentimental:

247 seeders
861 leechers
Torrent download speed mainly stays around 2-3kB/s, goes to maximum 20kB/s. Downloading a torrent for the first time after shifting to an 8mpbs plan almost a month ago.
Is this normal? I'm hope it isn't.

Try Ubuntu. If speeds are still crap, your ISP is messing up with your connection.

Back