MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,090
This all because of their shitty state of their copper tel wires. :( I wish they switch EVERYONE to FOC so quality will improve but that wil require BIG bucks & govt cant bail them out now (plus their own staff cant handle FOC, they are not trained) , so just have to grin & bear it out as most of us have no other choice.

yeah that sucks... in the mean time i will continue trolling around the 8mbps gang...thats you guys :).....with my slow 4mbps connections....lol... but atleast its a peace of mind now and steady connections.... waiting desperately for FTTH....
How do you guys feel about the 4mbps combo plan for 1749/- with 100 gb data... only fear i have is its not unlimited and have to keep a tab on the selfcare website every few days...
socrates said:
This all because of their shitty state of their copper tel wires. :( I wish they switch EVERYONE to FOC so quality will improve but that wil require BIG bucks & govt cant bail them out now (plus their own staff cant handle FOC, they are not trained) , so just have to grin & bear it out as most of us have no other choice.
are you on DSL_Unlimited_650_Combo plan?? have you not tried the 8mbps plans yet?

kartoonz said:
yeah that sucks... in the mean time i will continue trolling around the 8mbps gang...thats you guys :).....with my slow 4mbps connections....lol... but atleast its a peace of mind now and steady connections.... waiting desperately for FTTH....
How do you guys feel about the 4mbps combo plan for 1749/- with 100 gb data... only fear i have is its not unlimited and have to keep a tab on the selfcare website every few days...
are you on DSL_Unlimited_650_Combo plan?? have you not tried the 8mbps plans yet?
I have heard similar issue from a friend about bandra exchange, they clearly said lines are bad and they cant do anything about it. he had no option but to disconitue mtnl, dont know when FTTH will come but i heard by feb hathway will provide those docsyi 3.0 in suburbs too may be you can give that a try too.
socrates said:
One of the mtnl babu said their heads know about all this and all prblems but they purposely go slow to benefit private players like reliance, tata.

Suhel said:
I have heard similar issue from a friend about bandra exchange, they clearly said lines are bad and they cant do anything about it. he had no option but to disconitue mtnl, dont know when FTTH will come but i heard by feb hathway will provide those docsyi 3.0 in suburbs too may be you can give that a try too.
One of the mtnl babu said their heads know about all this and all prblems but they purposely go slow to benefit private players like reliance, tata.
hathway sucks in my area... i had their BB 6 years back and was really bad.. hence i had to switch to mtnl... i just hope hathway improves their data plans...

kartoonz said:
How much do u use monthly??....... My use is pretty moderate..... even now with 5days to go, I still hav 20GB remaining...... so 85GB seems more than enuf for me.....

PanZeR008 said:
How much do u use monthly??....... My use is pretty moderate..... even now with 5days to go, I still hav 20GB remaining...... so 85GB seems more than enuf for me.....
on my 2mbps plan i would useup my 85gb easily in 20 days or so... depending on downloads.... i use mainly torrents and my sis watches 1080p videos for around 1.30hrs+browsing... now with 4mbps im afraid that i may exceed the allowance....
BTW one more question... on speed test max speed i receive is 3.5mbps... should i speak to the BB incharge to make any changes in the speed profile??

kartoonz said:
hathway sucks in my area... i had their BB 6 years back and was really bad.. hence i had to switch to mtnl... i just hope hathway improves their data plans...
yea even I have had bad experience with hathway , had hathway earlier before I shifted to MTNL. But the new Docsis 3.0 network supplied by Cisco is a differnet thing, they have a seperate call center just to address docsis issues. It can be worth a try..!

hello everyone,
I submitted a letter for activation for 8 Mbps plan (DSL_MBPS_COMBO_1050). I am using binatone DM-856W wireless modem which is supplied by MTNL. This modem is pretty good enough, but it supports upload speed up to 1141 kbps only (maximum rate). So my question is, once my plan will be activated what will be my speed profile? will they restrict my upload profile to 1024 kbps only? since my modem cant support 2048 kbps upload?..& if i purchase a new modem which supports 2048 kbps upload, then my speed profile will be automatically changed or have to call 12540?. I have no objection if they keep my upstream profile to 1024 kbps, but in compensation i must get atleast 10240 kbps downstream profile.so will be able to enjoy full 8 Mbps speed

Adis_chill said:
hello everyone,I submitted a letter for activation for 8 Mbps plan (DSL_MBPS_COMBO_1050). I am using binatone DM-856W wireless modem which is supplied by MTNL. This modem is pretty good enough, but it supports upload speed up to 1141 kbps only (maximum rate). So my question is, once my plan will be activated what will be my speed profile? will they restrict my upload profile to 1024 kbps only? since my modem cant support 2048 kbps upload?..& if i purchase a new modem which supports 2048 kbps upload, then my speed profile will be automatically changed or have to call 12540?. I have no objection if they keep my upstream profile to 1024 kbps, but in compensation i must get atleast 10240 kbps downstream profile.so will be able to enjoy full 8 Mbps speed
better to visit your local exchange and speak to the broadband incharge. In my experience he is the only one who will have some logic when you throw these questions to him. You will not need to call 12540. The bb incharge will be able to change speed profile

Wait, why is the upload speed just 1141 kbps? Have you tried ADSL Annex M?
Speed profile is usually set by them regardless of your device.
Adis_chill said:
hello everyone,
I submitted a letter for activation for 8 Mbps plan (DSL_MBPS_COMBO_1050). I am using binatone DM-856W wireless modem which is supplied by MTNL. This modem is pretty good enough, but it supports upload speed up to 1141 kbps only (maximum rate). So my question is, once my plan will be activated what will be my speed profile? will they restrict my upload profile to 1024 kbps only? since my modem cant support 2048 kbps upload?..& if i purchase a new modem which supports 2048 kbps upload, then my speed profile will be automatically changed or have to call 12540?. I have no objection if they keep my upstream profile to 1024 kbps, but in compensation i must get atleast 10240 kbps downstream profile.so will be able to enjoy full 8 Mbps speed

Back