MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,090
Suhel said:
yea even I have had bad experience with hathway , had hathway earlier before I shifted to MTNL. But the new Docsis 3.0 network supplied by Cisco is a differnet thing, they have a seperate call center just to address docsis issues. It can be worth a try..!
I just checked their site. Not available here in kalina. And with 50mbps I can use up 50gb in 1 day...lol...

Ok..thanx kartoonz n enkay for your rply..i checked my profile..its Annex A..will try with annex M now

I lost adsl connectivity after changing it to Annex M:-(Now modulation is also changed to G.LITE..after reverting back to auto mode ADSL Firmware Version
:
FwVer:3.20.17.0_TC3087 HwVer:T14.F7_11.2 Line State
:
Showtime Modulation
:
G.LITE Annex Mode
:
ANNEX_A
Downstream Upstream SNR Margin
:
28.5 19.0 db Line Attenuation
:
6.5 6.0 db Data Rate
:
2048 512 kbps Max Rate
:
4672 1092 kbps POWER
:
12.0 12.0 dbm CRC
:
0 0 ADSL Firmware Version
:
FwVer:3.20.17.0_TC3087 HwVer:T14.F7_11.2 Line State
:
Showtime Modulation
:
ADSL2 Annex Mode
:
ANNEX_A
Downstream Upstream SNR Margin
:
38.2 26.3 db Line Attenuation
:
8.3 5.9 db Data Rate
:
2048 509 kbps Max Rate
:
12640 1144 kbps POWER
:
18.9 12.1 dbm CRC
:
0 0

These are pretty good. You'll have to change to Annex M and wait for a while probably, before you get connected again. You should be able to get close to 2 Mbps of upload speed if that happens.

Adis_chill said:
Ur line stats r very good...... so u need to use ADSL2+ modulation...... u hav posted only G.Lite & ADSL2 modulation stats....... u need to post & use ADSL2+ stats........ tht "Max Rate" should be above 22000kbps atleast as per ur stats.....
Then when on ADSL2+...... u can choose Annex M to get 2Mbps upload speed.......
But I like ur idea to chg speed profile to 10Mbps/1Mbps DL/UL resp...... try to get tht speed profile..... if its unstable then switch to 8Mbps/2Mbps....... but with ur line stats u should hav stable 10Mbps......

kartoonz said:
I just checked their site. Not available here in kalina. And with 50mbps I can use up 50gb in 1 day...lol...
lol if your usage remains same then there wont be issue, but if you get tempted then thats a possibility ;-) I read somewhere that they are planning to provide it in the suburbs feb onwards.

Suhel said:
lol if your usage remains same then there wont be issue, but if you get tempted then thats a possibility ;-) I read somewhere that they are planning to provide it in the suburbs feb onwards.
wow... but i really dislike their plans... hopefully they can improve that... :)

Back