MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,090
Lol mate I'm not expert. I have learnt from sankel, panzer and Socrates. They are the experts here. Btw good luck with your connection.

Ordered the TP-Link 8817 today. Hopefully should curb the crc errors as mentioned by sankel. I will also replace the splitter and ask the bb in charge to increase my speed profile to 6 mbps. Keeping fingers crossed.

kartoonz said:
Ordered the TP-Link 8817 today. Hopefully should curb the crc errors as mentioned by sankel. I will also replace the splitter and ask the bb in charge to increase my speed profile to 6 mbps. Keeping fingers crossed.
Yup. Replace the old splitter with the new one from TP-Link TD8817 package.
But if your line is fundamentally flawed, no modem can help you.
So after installing 8817, if you still get problems, you will have to replace the entire line from Junction box.

@kartoonz, I will appreciate if you post your before/after stats once the TP-Link is connected. Preferably from the same time of the day (more or less same level of interference).
Thanks

sanke1 said:
Yup. Replace the old splitter with the new one from TP-Link TD8817 package.
But if your line is fundamentally flawed, no modem can help you.
So after installing 8817, if you still get problems, you will have to replace the entire line from Junction box.
i had a question... wifi is a necessity in my house... so will i be able to bridge my current mtnl wifi modem with the new tp link to generate wifi signal...
enkay said:
@kartoonz, I will appreciate if you post your before/after stats once the TP-Link is connected. Preferably from the same time of the day (more or less same level of interference).
Thanks
of course bro goes without saying.. even i am keen on knowing the stats...

kartoonz said:
i had a question... wifi is a necessity in my house... so will i be able to bridge my current mtnl wifi modem with the new TP-Link to generate wifi signal...
8817 can be put to Bridge mode. But I don't know whether the WiFi Modem provided by MTNL is capable of dialing a PPPoE connection. You need to check that.

sanke1 said:
8817 can be put to Bridge mode. But I don't know whether the WiFi Modem provided by MTNL is capable of dialing a PPPoE connection. You need to check that.
which router do i need to buy in that case? i believe you too are using 8817 with another TP-Link router?

kartoonz said:
which router do i need to buy in that case? i believe you too are using 8817 with another TP-Link router?
I am using TP LInk W8968 as modem cum wifi router and its been excellent in terms of connection and signal reach. my earlier Belkin router never used to reach my TV ( my modem is like in center room and there are 2-3 walls in between but i get decent signal enough to play games and youtube on my tv now.

Suhel said:
I am using TP-Link W8969 as modem cum wifi router and its been excellent in terms of connection and signal reach. my earlier Belkin router never used to reach my TV ( my modem is like in center room and there are 2-3 walls in between but i get decent signal enough to play games and youtube on my tv now.
I think its the W8968 mate....... very good modem cum wifi router..... dont need the W8970...... everything is same except I get one extra dandi(for show purpose :pleasantry:)

Back