MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,084
PanZeR008 said:
I think its the W8968 mate....... very good modem cum wifi router..... dont need the W8970...... everything is same except I get one extra dandi(for show purpose :pleasantry:)
yea I just edited that was a typo , its W8968.

PanZeR008 said:
This is probably wht Sanket uses as Wifi Router : ASUS RT-AC66U This is wht I use as Wifi Router : TP-Link W8970 I like to call it : Immortal Beast vs Aam Aadmi :playful:
holy crap.... you guys are using a 6k and 15k modem.... dammmm do you guys share your connection with the entire society ;)
Suhel said:
I am using TP-Link W8968 as modem cum wifi router and its been excellent in terms of connection and signal reach. my earlier Belkin router never used to reach my TV ( my modem is like in center room and there are 2-3 walls in between but i get decent signal enough to play games and youtube on my tv now.
i thought i would get that but it costs 2.5k and i just wanted to rule out mtnl modem fault first before i invest in a expensive modem...

My internet was down since 29th sunday, as all the lines are dead in jogeshwari due to some wire cut. i visited the exchange and they casually said nayi wire ka order diya hai aajayegi 3-4 days mein ( felt like killing him right there) 1st jan i wanted to work from home but thakns to mntl they didnt rectify it and now i am working from office all because of them... :pissed-off:

Suhel said:
My internet was down since 29th sunday, as all the lines are dead in jogeshwari due to some wire cut. i visited the exchange and they casually said nayi wire ka order diya hai aajayegi 3-4 days mein ( felt like killing him right there) 1st jan i wanted to work from home but thakns to mntl they didnt rectify it and now i am working from office all because of them... :pissed-off:
When my area lines got stolen it took them 7 days to get it fixed.....

kartoonz said:
i had a question... wifi is a necessity in my house... so will i be able to bridge my current mtnl wifi modem with the new TP-Link to generate wifi signal...
of course bro goes without saying.. even i am keen on knowing the stats...

If the Tp Link 8817 adsl router works good for you then you can use the MTNL wifi modem in bridge mode to share wifi.

The TP Link modem will be configured normally as a PPPOE(192.168.1.1) and you'll need to configure the MTNL one in bridge/IPOE(IP over Ethernet) mode under the WAN settings.

Just change the lan settings on the 2nd router which is going to serve wifi to use the ip address 192.168.1.2 & turn off DHCP as 1st router will be taking care of DHCP request.

That's all you'll be able to share the wifi with the tp link modem handling the adsl link. Clients will be using the IP range 192.168.1.3-254 and you'll be able to login both the router interface at the same by 192.168.1.1 for tp link and 192.168.1.2 for MTNL wifi router access page.

kartoonz said:
holy crap.... you guys are using a 6k and 15k modem.... dammmm do you guys share your connection with the entire society ;)
My router cost me only Rs.4800 ..... dont know why FK is charging so much or if the prices hav gone up.....
There was this confusion over ver number with the W8968........ everyone was saying get ver2 or something....... so to avoid tht I got the W8970...... 4 wireless and 2 wired connections always ON in my house....... has been very reliable so far.......

PanZeR008 said:
My router cost me only Rs.4800 ..... dont know why FK is charging so much or if the prices hav gone up.....
There was this confusion over ver number with the W8968........ everyone was saying get ver2 or something....... so to avoid tht I got the W8970...... 4 wireless and 2 wired connections always ON in my house....... has been very reliable so far.......
yea the W8968 ver 2 is what i got. version 1 was the earlier h/w. even when you go to their website they have 2 seperate firmwares for each version. I got mine for 2250 from local store in andheri w.

rj27 said:
If the[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] TP-Link 8817 adsl router works good for you then you can use the MTNL wifi modem in bridge mode to share wifi. [/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]The TP Link modem will be configured normally as a PPPOE(192.168.1.1) and you'll need to configure the MTNL one in bridge/IPOE(IP over Ethernet) mode under the WAN settings. [/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Just change the lan settings on the 2nd router which is going to serve wifi to use the ip address 192.168.1.2 & turn off DHCP as 1st router will be taking care of DHCP request. [/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]That's all you'll be able to share the wifi with the tp link modem handling the adsl link. Clients will be using the IP range 192.168.1.3-254 and you'll be able to login both the router interface at the same by 192.168.1.1 for tp link and 192.168.1.2 for MTNL wifi router access page.[/color]
thanks bro.. will try this once i get the tp link in the next couple of days...

Back