MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,080
You need to be on profile 10240/1024I guess you are on 8192/2048.
Even with 8192 my initial speedtests used to be around 7.09 or 7.1. Now they are around 6.98. Not a major difference at all but 7+ looked pleasing to see. :PMy profile currently is 8188/2048. It used to 8192. How did it become 8188. :O

Try a test in the early hours of the morning, I'm certain you'll get 7+.

AbhishekS said:
Even with 8192 my initial speedtests used to be around 7.09 or 7.1. Now they are around 6.98. Not a major difference at all but 7+ looked pleasing to see. :PMy profile currently is 8188/2048. It used to 8192. How did it become 8188. :O
Change in line conditions or MTNL tweaking the DSLAM can cause that. If MTNL has increased interleaving on your line, even then your sync rate can drop by few kbps. But that wont make much of a difference. If you are getting stable connection then it's worth trading some speed for it.You have lost 0.5 KBps download speed. In short, it's nothing to be worried about.

Disconnections are quite horrible today. This is what I see on the modem during a disconnection. ADSL syncs, no PPPOE connection.

enkay said:
Disconnections are quite horrible today. This is what I see on the modem during a disconnection. ADSL syncs, no PPPOE connection.
Those stats do not look good. You need a new line or better home wiring. If you see any joints in the copper wire, re-seal them.
Here are mine after 3 days of modem restart.

Need better wiring enkay IMO....Call the linesman.... Test stats at building junction with router & smartphone/laptop.... So the stats will tell u whether chging line will help or not...Right now ur Attainable rate is so low.... It will conflict with the sync rate.... And will keep on re-sync'ing.... In other words mean "Endless DC"

Well yes, I have called the linesman and asked him to use 2 other wires of the Cat 5 cable (that runs from the junction box to my house). Within my apartment, I have disconnected all other phones, and I'm using this exclusively for ADSL only. Replacing building's CAT 5 cable to my apartment is not a solution - extremely long wire.
The linesman's only solution is to go for a 2 Mbps plan if I want to be *satisfied*.

enkay said:
The linesman's only solution is to go for a 2 Mbps plan if I want to be *satisfied*.
this is always thy IDIOTS best solution... but we have to keep trying... im still waiting for the TP-Link modem and once i have tested that will get a direct connection from the junction to my house...

received TP-Link 8817 today... after setting it up below are my stats

Downstream Upstream
SNR Margin​
:​
21.2 26.5 db
Line Attenuation​
37.9 19.3 db
Data Rate​
4096 1022 kbps
Max Rate​
13884 1132 kbps
POWER​
19.3 14.3 dbm
CRC​
98 10
not a major improvement after changing the splitter and rj5 cable...
will monitor the connection at night when there are major issues... i will also call the bb incharge tomorrow to increase the speed profile to 6mbps... if all of this fails then will get a direct line from junction...

Back