MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,080
^^
Can you post a screenshot of stats using snipping tool found in Windows?
Crop and upload the image to imgur.com and paste the link here.
Currently I am finding your stats hard to read and I have simply chosen to ignore them :tongue:

Why is his Max Rate under upload only 1132?? Should blast past 2000 easily with those stats......
r u sure Katoonz, ur using ADSL2Plus & Annex M??
As Sanket said a screenshot would be gr8.....

Since friday this connection has become worse then dialup, the connection is disconnecting every 5-7mins. This is what the status looks like when the connection is disconnecting.
Earlier there were disconnections but not this often, I used to just reboot router curse MTNL and get on with life. But now its seriously getting difficult.

Before getting this plan, I was suggested to put a splitter directly where the line comes into my flat. As per the MTNL linesman line everything is good. Everything is done.
I dont understand what is going on, I am seriously fed up. Cant a person have 1 working internet connection. We are in 2014. The area I live in is making it worse, there are no ISP's here only one is a local cable ISP and this. Local cable is worse then GPRS connection. I am seriously at my wits end.

sanke1 said:
^^
Can you post a screenshot of stats using snipping tool found in Windows?
Crop and upload the image to imgur.com and paste the link here.
Currently I am finding your stats hard to read and I have simply chosen to ignore them :tongue:
will post stats again...lol didnt know snipping tool existed on my pc...
PanZeR008 said:
Why is his Max Rate under upload only 1132?? Should blast past 2000 easily with those stats......
r u sure Katoonz, ur using ADSL2Plus & Annex M??
As Sanket said a screenshot would be gr8.....
yes here are stats
https://imgur.com/X3BUp54
Atul said:
Since friday this connection has become worse then dialup, the connection is disconnecting every 5-7mins. This is what the status looks like when the connection is disconnecting.
Earlier there were disconnections but not this often, I used to just reboot router curse MTNL and get on with life. But now its seriously getting difficult.

Before getting this plan, I was suggested to put a splitter directly where the line comes into my flat. As per the MTNL linesman line everything is good. Everything is done.
I dont understand what is going on, I am seriously fed up. Cant a person have 1 working internet connection. We are in 2014. The area I live in is making it worse, there are no ISP's here only one is a local cable ISP and this. Local cable is worse then GPRS connection. I am seriously at my wits end.
same here,,, no airtel in area as well.. sucks...

kartoonz said:
will post stats again...lol didnt know snipping tool existed on my pc...

yes here are stats
https://imgur.com/X3BUp54
Those stats look promising. I think your CRC error rates have considerably reduced. The only way to test stability @ 8Mbps is to call 12540 and request profile speed increase.
BTW you have a V6 of TD8817. Mine is V7.
Here are mine after 5 days of modem uptime

MTNL should look at this thread 75 pages & still going strong & it isnt because of too many new mtnl customers for this plan. Speaks volumes of its quality. TRAI/MTNL anyone out there listening. :D

sanke1 said:
Those stats look promising. I think your CRC error rates have considerably reduced. The only way to test stability @ 8Mbps is to call 12540 and request profile speed increase.
BTW you have a V6 of TD8817. Mine is V7.
Here are mine after 5 days of modem uptime
i guess the crc error is less due to new splitter...i will check 6mbps first tomorrow and then jump onto 8mbps... does the version make a difference??
socrates said:
MTNL should look at this thread 75 pages & still going strong & it isnt because of too many new mtnl customers for this plan. Speaks volumes of its quality. TRAI/MTNL anyone out there listening. :D
lol..

socrates said:
MTNL/TRAI arent going to see this thread but some smart guy here an has an amazing suggestion for us ...
shethsa said:
Migrate to Kansas where Google fibre provides 1gbps speeds

Back