MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,080
I dont seem to find CRC Errors anywhere in my router...... there is "Errors (Pkts)" row..... but its always 0....... so I dont think its counting CRC errors.....

PanZeR008 said:
I dont seem to find CRC Errors anywhere in my router...... there is "Errors (Pkts)" row..... but its always 0....... so I dont think its counting CRC errors.....
Error pkts are CRC errors. Your stats are pretty good. Keep an eye on Error pkts after 3-4 days without rebooting your modem.

9th day today and tel lines are dead in jogeshwari west area. its damn frustrating, wonder how the small offices are managing their work. if these guys cant fix lines they should all be suspended. no use of having such staff and management.

Suhel said:
9th day today and tel lines are dead in jogeshwari west area. its damn frustrating, wonder how the small offices are managing their work. if these guys cant fix lines they should all be suspended. no use of having such staff and management.
they are liable to give a rebate for the number of days without service as per TRAI norms...
I spoke to the bb incharge and he bluntly refused to change my speed this time... dont know whats wrong with the idiot... he says that agar 4mbps pe steady hai to uspe hi rahne do, main change nahi kaurnga... I also got a call from the DGM office today as per the grevience i had lodged on the trai site...Spoke to Sanita and told her how the babus at the exchange weere behaving rudely...she called up the BB incharge and he refused to do anything and told her the same thing... she called me back and gave me the update and asked me if she can close the complaint... fed up now at this stage i told her to close the complaint... she seemed nice to speak to though and told me that i can call her directly if there are any issues... i will probably stick to the 4mbps plan since its stable and giving me 10hr sessions... also my usage will be under control :)... i have already used up 25gb in 5 days... lol...
the cat5 wiring will also cost me some money along with the wiring charges.... hence i will scrap it for the moment and perhaps in april will try a new line since i already have the TP-Link modem...
Which sasta and tiako wifi router will go along with tp link??

kartoonz said:
Which sasta and tiako wifi router will go along with TP-Link??
ASUS RT-N13U B1 seems to be quite good...... with lots of DD-Wrt support for it..... there is massive thread for it on TechEnclave forum
I like its torrent downloading funtion....... can rest PC while downloading......
Its been in the market for a long time...... so no questions on its reliability......
If ur just looking for WiFi range & connectivity then this might not be ur thing...... I prefer external antenna routers for it.......
I think it was below Rs.2k.....

I Just came to check this topic and now i am interested in MTNL, it's just dat they should make this 8Mbps plan Unlimited yippee.

arpizol88 said:
I Just came to check this topic and now i am interested in MTNL, it's just dat they should make this 8Mbps plan Unlimited yippee.
They dont hav a reasonably priced 2Mbps UL option....... so they r definitely not going to hav reasonably priced 8Mbps UL...... ;)

kartoonz said:
they are liable to give a rebate for the number of days without service as per TRAI norms...
I spoke to the bb incharge and he bluntly refused to change my speed this time... dont know whats wrong with the idiot... he says that agar 4mbps pe steady hai to uspe hi rahne do, main change nahi kaurnga... I also got a call from the DGM office today as per the grevience i had lodged on the trai site...Spoke to Sanita and told her how the babus at the exchange weere behaving rudely...she called up the BB incharge and he refused to do anything and told her the same thing... she called me back and gave me the update and asked me if she can close the complaint... fed up now at this stage i told her to close the complaint... she seemed nice to speak to though and told me that i can call her directly if there are any issues... i will probably stick to the 4mbps plan since its stable and giving me 10hr sessions... also my usage will be under control :)... i have already used up 25gb in 5 days... lol...
the cat5 wiring will also cost me some money along with the wiring charges.... hence i will scrap it for the moment and perhaps in april will try a new line since i already have the TP-Link modem...
Which sasta and tiako wifi router will go along with tp link??
We are really unique, in any other country they would have tried to improve their quality so you could migrate to a higher revenue (for them) plan but no these guys are beyond definition. :poop: :pissed-off: Outrageous is one word I can think of.

PanZeR008 said:
ASUS RT-N13U B1 seems to be quite good...... with lots of DD-Wrt support for it..... there is massive thread for it on TechEnclave forum
I like its torrent downloading funtion....... can rest PC while downloading......
Its been in the market for a long time...... so no questions on its reliability......
If ur just looking for WiFi range & connectivity then this might not be ur thing...... I prefer external antenna routers for it.......
I think it was below Rs.2k.....
wow looks very tempting... but very expensive... any cheap one you can recommend with good wifi range??
arpizol88 said:
it is unlimited :pleasantry:

Back