MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,080
All this settings and plan speed settings must be made centralised at a different place. The exchange guys must deal only with line stability. But I have heard rumours that private operators bribe MTNL to purposely keep the quality of service down.

sanke1 said:
All this settings and plan speed settings must be made centralised at a different place. The exchange guys must deal only with line stability.But I have heard rumours that private operators bribe MTNL to purposely keep the quality of service down.
They'd just have to bribe the linesmen. That should do the trick. Higher up you go, more expensive it gets.

All this settings and plan speed settings must be made centralised at a different place. The exchange guys must deal only with line stability. But I have heard rumours that private operators bribe MTNL to purposely keep the quality of service down.
Heard the same thing. Don't forget Reliance has supposedly laid all fibre lines and is ready to launch. 4g too is round the corner. Mtnl is beyond repair - neither the ministry not dot gives a damn so why should the highly unmotivated employees. Last try - you can write to dot and cc the press bit I doubt whether it will change things too much.

kartoonz said:
hows the wifi range?? will it suffice for 1 bhk??
Oh yea, most certainly. After some testing, I have placed the router in one corner bedroom of a 2 BHK, such that it has the best view of the door. Works in every corner of the house.
Ideally, your router should be centrally located, which, in most houses here, is where the wire enters the house (the corridor). That is the best place for most standard layouts.

sanke1 said:
All this settings and plan speed settings must be made centralised at a different place. The exchange guys must deal only with line stability.But I have heard rumours that private operators bribe MTNL to purposely keep the quality of service down.
Heard the same thing many years ago when they started their mobile services in Mumbai & this had come from someone at the Prabhadevi exchange.. :sad:
shethsa said:
Heard the same thing. Don't forget Reliance has supposedly laid all fibre lines and is ready to launch. 4g too is round the corner. Mtnl is beyond repair - neither the ministry not dot gives a damn so why should the highly unmotivated employees. Last try - you can write to dot and cc the press bit I doubt whether it will change things too much.
YesI wonder why MTNL have not started WiMax considering they have exchangse all over Mumbai they have the most precious thing in Mumbai - Real Estate !!! I doubt they are capable of anything now,especially when they have not taken advantage of their already laid out FOC to extend FTTH to at least the big housing colonies in Mumbai. They will make a sloth look like Usain Bolt. :(

I am pretty sure that they keep the quality of their mobile services low. Despite having spectrum in the 900MHz band, coverage is abysmal and the network is ridden with glitches.WiMax is dead, AFAIK.

x720 said:
1bhk. Overkill. Get something less expensive. Budget?
A good one around 1.5k to go along with the TP-Link 8817. Should be able to cover 600 sq ft
enkay said:
Oh yea, most certainly. Yoyo r some testing, I have placed the router in one corner bedroom of a 2 BHK, such that it has the best view of the door. Works in every corner of the house. Ideally, your router should be centrally located, which, in most houses here, is where the wire enters the house (the corridor). That is the best place for most standard layouts.
But the antenna s only 3dbi. Will that suffice if i keep it in bedroom and then through kitchen and then hall?

Back