MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,080
^ @ Sanke1 : Nice , congratz :-) , What does Profile increased mean ? Your modem sync speed ?
I am already on 120.x series , not facing timeouts (just had my telephone dead last week due to some work going on , they fixed it next day).
But so far I have failed to convince to them to give me 10 Mbps speed profile :D , They are like :nono: . All this on phone. Now I will try visiting exchange for convincing them and make 'bechara'; face ;-)

Quite possibly one of the worst stats. Observe line attenuation.
(I know you are thinking ADSL 2+, Annex M? Yes, indeed, disconnects are happening on g.dmt as well, so might as well enjoy the higher upload speed)

Narendra said:
^ @ Sanke1 : Nice , congratz :-) , What does Profile increased mean ? Your modem sync speed ? I am already on 120.x series , not facing timeouts (just had my telephone dead last week due to some work going on , they fixed it next day). But so far I have failed to convince to them to give me 10 Mbps speed profile :D , They are like :nono: . All this on phone. Now I will try visiting exchange for convincing them and make 'bechara'; face ;-)
Profile means the rate at which your modem syncs with the DSLAM. If you are syncing at 8192 Kbps downstream on 8mbps plan then you will get actual 6.5 to 7.1 Mbps download speed only. To get full speed on 8 Mbps plan, you need profile speed higher than 9000 Kbps.

^ Thanks Sanke1 . Since I am greedy for that extra 1 Mbps (to get 8 Mbps) :D , I will keep trying to convince them , self respect aside :D (I *think* my line stats should support a bit higher sync speed) .
^^ @ enkay : I have read that there is a component called 'Line Booster' that the can install , maybe you can talk with them for that ? In the initial posts of this topic , someone got it installed..

PanZeR008 said:
@enkaySay Goodbye to MTNL..... Welcome to Hathway...
Saying. Waiting for the rep to come by.
Narendra said:
^ Thanks Sanke1 . Since I am greedy for that extra 1 Mbps (to get 8 Mbps) :D , I will keep trying to convince them , self respect aside :D (I *think* my line stats should support a bit higher sync speed) .
^^ @ enkay : I have read that there is a component called 'Line Booster' that the can install , maybe you can talk with them for that ? In the initial posts of this topic , someone got it installed..
https://broadband.forum/topic/68612-mtnl-broadband-8mbps-plans/page-4#entry708210
MTNL will have to do it at their end. I actually feel it is just a problem of fixing a broken line. Given their attitude, they will never go along the line to this area to isolate the noise source.

I live in Worli, so will go to the Prabhadevi exchange within a few days. Who is that 'villain'? :P
And what did you exactly tell them? As in how did you explain the issue?

AbhishekS said:
I live in Worli, so will go to the Prabhadevi exchange within a few days. Who is that 'villain'? 👅
And what did you exactly tell them? As in how did you explain the issue?
PM sent
Actually Villain called me yesterday evening and was shocked that I had finally found a solution for 6 month old problem. Soon after, some DGM called up too and requested an email to be sent to him describing the problem with 182.56 IP series.. I finally managed to sent him an email (after him giving multiple wrong email ID's :P) along with youtube video describing the problem. So hopefully they will be working on it soon.
This is the timeout video. I know it's on VDSL, but same thing also used to happen on ADSL on 182.56 IP series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back