MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,080
I was also on 8Mbps plan..downgraded to 2Mbps in because of timeouts..thinking of upgrading to 8Mbps again..:-)@Narendra..Normal profile..2mbps downstream & 0.5mbps upstream

This 80% of advertised speed TRAI rule is bullshit excuse. Are we only paying 80% of broadband charges? No.So we deserve full speed.

^ Indeed . The TRAI guidline (I think ) says a min. guarantee of 80% of advertised speed upto ISP node.
This means that our speed can (allowed to) fluctuate between 80 & 100% . What is happening now is , the Max we get is 80% with MTNL. I have tried downloading from various sources , the speed is actually capped at 80% of advertised rather than capping at 100% ( and leaving 20% for speed problems under high load).
Sad, but who can explain them :(

@ panzer and sanke1
Was going through all the posts in this thread and came to know that you both are using diffrent router/modems and your line stats are excellent.
So, just wanted to know about your setup, can you please post pictures of all the setup you had at home from the very first point the line enters your house to your router and also your pc.
also in one of your post sanke1 mentioned that he had a Nas, i would be thankfull if you can share that too

Hi guys,
I have 8Mbps plan of MTNL.I stay at Panvel,Navi mumbai. My internet is down since yesterday. When I called 1504,those auntys started ratting out the steps they know like turn off/on the router,go to settings etc.etc.
But the thing is the internet light is not on in the first place.I have a D-Link DSL-2520U which is a modem and also Belkin N300.Both cannot connect to internet.So I am sure that there is no issue from my side.Nevertheless, I ran diagnostics using my Dlink router which I have attached.Please please see it and let me know what's wrong..I am pretty sure that there is no error from my side as I got a new cable installed directly from the mtnl pole to home without any breaks on Friday itself.Net was working till saturday morning 12pm. Guys I really hope there is no issue from my side and it must be mtnl's issue.Please correct me if wrong.
Regards,
Siddhesh

have tried everything , butt he timeouts just keep happening time and again, stats are also good. i have tried telling them many times to change to new server dont wanna have the 59.* IP range but somehow they dont seem convinced everytime they do somthing and problem goes for a day or two and comes back.
dont knw what else to do to get them change to new server now.
unfortunately hathway isnt available in my society yet, they say get 5 members and then we will provide, told them its not my job u should ask ur sales team if you want business
sanke1 said:
Just to report.
Been monitoring the connection since 2 days and there have been absolutely ZERO timeouts whatsoever. Tried every possible way to achieve a timeout but failed. :D
So those who are experiencing timeouts must request a port change to different system other than Alcatel. The Alcatel gateway 182.56.0.1 is f**ked up.
Also request 120.62.xxx.xxx series.
Consistent speedtest results since 2 days.
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3335739513
how did you get them to change the port? i am tired of asking them, once they changed the port but on the same server, my ip address is still 59.* and timeouts continue. is there anything else we need to tell them to get port changed to this server?

Back