MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,080
^^^^^^ ya it seems that they have changed your port & gave you "old alcatel"...ip range of both Erricson & old alcatel is same i.e.(59.xx)

Demand port change to SOTL system. The only way out.

AbhishekS said:
Finally to SOTL. 120.62.xx.xx IP now. Let's see how it goes.
how did you get this changed, whom did you talk to? the local exchange(jogeshwari) guys dont seem to have much knowledge abt this. is it done from prabhadevi?
also what does SOTL stand for?

PanZeR008 said:
First report how u got it done....
All thanks to sanke1. Nothing would have been possible without his help.Initially I had gone to the Prabhadevi exchange and met the person about whom sanke1 will inform/has informed via PM. She is a nice lady, and was really helpful. She contacted the Worli exchange and asked them to do the needful as my number comes under Worli.Nothing happened for 2-3 days, I contacted her and realized that the Worli guys were the main reason the delay. Then I went and met the Sub Division Engineer of Worli and directly asked him to do so. Initially he disagreed that shifting from Alcatel and SOTL won't help. I had to get a bit aggressive there as the conversation heated up. :PThe trump card again was the Prabhadevi exchange lady. I gave her reference to the Worli engineer, he talked to her over the phone and she herself explained the entire issue to him. He then agreed to do it readily for me and did it within a few hours. :D
Narendra said:
And what are your line stats now ? Speed profile :D ?
The speed profile gets reset to 2048 after port change. I need to call 12540 and request the new speed profile. Was too busy to do it today. Will do so tomorrow. :)

Back