MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,080
sanke1 said:
^^ any timeouts?
Haven't used much internet since today evening, but I don't think there have been any yet. :D
Will get more clarity on it by tomorrow night.
Things certainly seem to be far better than before though. :)

Not really. Line quality at my end is still horrible but obviously that isn't related to the time outs.@kartoonz, any major difference in stability on 8 Mbps after you got the 8817?This seems to be my last hope. Linesman maintains that line is good.

Loving the experience sine shifting to SOTL (120.62.xx.xx IP series). No timeouts at all. Seems like I'm in heaven. :D
And these are my line stats. Have to make do with 8192.

Just found this.
http://www.hmmm.ip3.co.uk/adsl-snr/index.shtml

This is similar to what's happening with me. 2 possible solutions are:
1. Increase/Decsrease target SNR (how do I put this across to MTNL)?
2. Change modem (don't know how much this will help - currently using vintage Beetel 110TC1)

enkay said:
Just found this. http://www.hmmm.ip3.co.uk/adsl-snr/index.shtml
This is similar to what's happening with me. 2 possible solutions are:
1. Increase/Decsrease target SNR (how do I put this across to MTNL)?
2. Change modem (don't know how much this will help - currently using vintage Beetel 110TC1)
You can buy TP-Link TD8817
I switched to it from old Netgear and it made huge difference.
Old modems don't support latest ADSL 2+ standards like Annex M.

@abhishekS
Have you enabled Annex M? Given your stats, your attainable upload speed should be greater than 2 mbps.

You have mentioned elsewhere that this as good only if you are close to the exchange. However, for 1000 bucks it don't think it's too expensive to try.

Does anyone here know what chipset is used in a Beetel 110TC1? (Google, or my use of google, didn't help out. And can't find it on the bottom of the modem as well)
ADSL Firmware Version: FwVer:3.12.7.0_TC3086 HwVer:T14.F7_5.0
Could the underlined part mean "Trendchip"? Just a guess. If that's the case, will it make sense to try with a Broadcomm chipset (or vice versa?)
sanke1 said:
I had the exact same problem. For me, buying a TP-link TD8817 modem solved the problem completely.

Back