MTNL Broadband: 8mbps Plans

• Thread starter Thread starter Atul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,949
  • Views Views 264,080
Can anyone tell me what these stats mean?
Statistics -- xDSL
Mode: ADSL_2plus
Traffic Type: ATM
Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis): On On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB): 175 210
Attenuation (0.1 dB): 270 189
Output Power (0.1 dBm): 188 126
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 6,360 1,617
I am actually quite close to the local exchange and without the splitter it said the maximum attainable rate was 8,500 or something along those lines. I am getting a new line installed for 8mbit plan will these specs work? Also, what does it mean when SNR and Attenuation is so high as for most of the users in the post it lies along 30s.

Dmanbbf said:
Can anyone tell me what these stats mean?
I am actually quite close to the local exchange and without the splitter it said the maximum attainable rate was 8,500 or something along those lines. I am getting a new line installed for 8mbit plan will these specs work? Also, what does it mean when SNR and Attenuation is so high as for most of the users in the post it lies along 30s.
Very simply put, a lower value of attenuation and higher SNR are desirable. Yes, 8 Mbits should work on these existing stats. Also, if that's the difference after installing a splitter, you should consider changing your splitter.

Am not sure if those stats r good enuf...... Attainable Rate is so low for 8Mbps.... It will keep re-sync'ing to server..... Also the SNR is just 17 on current 2Mbps.... So with an 8Mbps profile it will drop the SNR even further....

Hopefully the new line will chg those stats....

@Sanket
Has the major problem at Prabhadevi xchg sorted out??..... Am going to my xchg to demand the 120.x.x.x IP....

^^^

Yes. If your internet is connecting and if you are still on 182.56 IP Range, please report here whether timeouts problem was fixed during maintenance yesterday.

If you are still getting timeouts then request port change to SOTL.

Update on D-Link DSL-2750U.
Here are my stats

Few more observations:
  • This modem syncs indefinitely if set to ADSL2+ (Annex A), connects/disconnects every 10 seconds
  • Modem doesn't sync at all if connected through the splitter.
Where can I get a good splitter?

am on the 59.x.x.x IP....... no timouts since last night for me......
Will monitor for 2 more days..... then request for SOTL.......
enkay said:
Few more observations:
  • This modem syncs indefinitely if set to ADSL2+ (Annex A), connects/disconnects every 10 seconds
  • Modem doesn't sync at all if connected through the splitter.
Where can I get a good splitter?
r u using the splitter tht came with ur D-Link router??...... coz I am using the splitter tht came with my TP-Link router......
ADSL2+ with Annex M doesnt help??

No, ADSL 2+ with any annex doesn't work. Can't maintain sync. Splitter is about 8 years old, can't remember where I got it from.

^ Is it feasible for you to get a new line installed just for internet? I think that's what I will be doing and hoping the noise will be low :)

can anyone tell me abt SOTL? what does it stand for? and how to request port change to SOTL? is it done from prabhadevi side?

Dmanbbf said:
^ Is it feasible for you to get a new line installed just for internet? I think that's what I will be doing and hoping the noise will be low :)
I can get a new line, but they won't change the internal wiring of the building.

Back