MTNL Broadband: MTNL speed stopped suddenly

• Thread starter Thread starter varun_9t
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 6,275
and that Platina is non DTSi one!:madness::madness::@:@Hey cool, my friend who's riding bullet still using 40kbps cablenet, LOLZ!:happy:

Obviously that was mainly from LAN; I cant download much from torrents since in fivenet all ports are not open unlike MTNL; so on torrent speed is capped.
While its No capping on LAN!:thumb:

I downloaded all 9 series of friends tv series contributing to whooping of 60 GB in 1 day from LAN!
Imagine!!:D

Chinmay,
i dunno ur lvl of tech-knowhow, but AFAIK, ADSL doesnt allow LAN or the DC++ network.

All my downloads are thru torrents, and from MSDN website.

Also ur 400 GB is from the LAN, whereas mine is entirely Internet, so no comparison there.:P

- vx

LAN is same as torrent, where u just cant be a leecher!If u want something from others, help others! same funda here!If u want entry in hub, minimum of 20 GB sharing is required.Downloads can b done through any amongst DC++, Apex DC++, Strong DC++(For windows) and linux dc++(for Linux)Torrents suck since port forwarding in pppoe mode is a great headache, I used to give seminars on 'PORT FORWARDING' in past, some people still dont know how to do it.192.168.1.1 I still remember, bullshit crap ADSL!Bridge mode toh hackers ke liye feast hain!

again i make the same point. AFAIK, DC++ hubs do not allow ADSL tech. so ur 400 GB dont count.- vx

v1rg1l where r u from?R u a female??Now I'll have to fight with a girl thats technically trained and technologically wiser.:hysterical::hysterical:Unlike MTNL QCS(sanchar haat) mams and '1504' call girls of MTNL!:rofl:The quality of content doesnt matter in LAN, its d misbelief that torrents give better qualities since they r created by idiotic angrezi dumbs who keep their 100 Mbps connection PC's always on for seeding!Well, u can say if MTNL is like link-removed then LAN is like link-removed.Both has some advantages/disadvantages over d other.More or less same content, but its d maturity of users that differs!Since torrent users consider themselves extra smart compared to local LAN users.:whistle:

@Chinmay: You didn't get v1rg1l's point. He is trying to tell you the amount of data he download from the internet & what you are telling is the cumulative amount of data that you have downloaded from both LAN & internet. He's not comparing the quality of contents on LAN with that of torrents.If you are trying to push forward your agenda of 'Never opt for MTNL TriBand' then my friend you got hold of a wrong person. MTNL came as a godsend for v1rg1l with a blazing down speed of 12 mbps! Obviously you can't compare your internet speed with his & as a matter of fact none of us here (MTNL users) can!

Dude even I had used MTNL Triband with 10mbps sync speed in past, no cap was there on my line. But still its costlier compared to what I m using right now.
And if we consider surfing, MTNL cant give surfing speed because of overloaded MTNL's DNS servers.
Even with 10 mbps plan, line disconnections are heavy since as speed increases, SNR margin decreases, refer to this page-
https://broadband.forum/broadband-india/34601-snr-margin-and-line-attenuation-do-they-mean/#post235115
v1rg1l, must be experiencing serious disconnections and ADSL light blinking problem, this should occur since MTNL copper wires r nt capable of providing speeds greater than 8mbps, since minimum SNR 7 is required for stable connection. ADSL2+ says it can provide speeds upto 24Mbps, here d technology is capable of providing;but not MTNL triband due to lack of infrasturucture.(Blame goes to 20 yrs old copper wires)

Whats d use if u r on 100 mbps sync and line disconnections happen for every 5 sec??

I just want to prove how shitty is MTNL triband thats it, nothins against any user.

After three years of being part of the 'Sify sufferers club' I don't want to risk any internet connection which involves the local cable wallah in our area. So i have to suffer MTNL & hope they solve the problem or look at Reliance or Airtel. :madness:

Used Iqara (which is You Telecom now) cable wallah's internet for 2 yrs(Jun 2004 to Jun 2006) and the plan was 400 MB a year:hysterical::hysterical:.Used to have a lot of problems. During the rains their network used to be down but MTNL used to work great:thumbsup:. Sometimes some one used to cut the lan wire(may be Sify due to competition) which would result in changing the whole wire from the modem at the top of the building to my house(4 floors :madness:). And do u all know Iqara was the first one to introduce Fiber-Optic cables.:cool2:Overall I would never take up a cable wallahs internet ever. MTNL is far better with less culturing and less maintenance.;):cool2:

v1rg1l, must be experiencing serious disconnections and ADSL light blinking problem, this should occur since MTNL copper wires r nt capable of providing speeds greater than 8mbps, since minimum SNR 7 is required for stable connection. ADSL2+ says it can provide speeds upto 24Mbps, here d technology is capable of providing;but not MTNL triband due to lack of infrasturucture.(Blame goes to 20 yrs old copper wires)

Whats d use if u r on 100 mbps sync and line disconnections happen for every 5 sec??

no line disconnections every 5 minutes, i only get 1 hr downtime at nite arnd 0000 hrs. Also my bldg was put up last yr, so no 20yr old copper wires at the last mile too. :thumbsup:

here're my DSL connection stats:

DSL Connection

DSL Status: Connected
DSL Modulation Mode: ADSL2+
DSL Path Mode: Interleaved
Downstream Rate: 16193 kbps
Upstream Rate: 1020 kbps
Downstream Margin: 9 db
Upstream Margin: 11 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 21 db
Upstream Line Attenuation: 5 db
Downstream Transmit Power: 9 db
Upstream Transmit Power: 14 db

PVC Connection
Encapsulation:RFC 2516 PPPoE
Multiplexing: LLC
Qos: UBR
Pcr Rate: 0
Scr Rate: 0
Autodetect: Enable
VPI: 0 VCI: 32
Enable: Yes
PVC Status: Up

this is the DSL connection status page of a Linksys WAG200G.

- vx

Back