MTNL Broadband: POrt forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter powerontop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 114
  • Views Views 35,618
did you fill in the ports you forwarded on your router in azureus? eg. you forwarded 6881 in the router but havent set 6881 in azureus.. then you wont get good speeds..

Originally posted by sanke1@Sep 12 2005, 09:50 PM
i dont connect to all peers and seeds even though the torrents show green colour and azureus passes NAT test

Please suggest

I have already done port forwarding thing from that website of portforward
[snapback]24932[/snapback]
[/quote]
A simple explanation would be that those peers and seeds are not online while you are downloading.Before portforwarding if any of the available seeds or peers had blocked ports(considered as behind a firewall) you wouldnt be able to connect to them but now when you have forwarded your port all online users are available to you.

Yeah, Azureus has a weird way of connecting to peers. Simple solution..use BitComet, it's the best BT client by far. Been using both for over a year.
As regards coolbuddy, true u'll max ur bandwith on well seeded torrents. But u'll notice the difference on movie torrents (lots of leechers amd low seed count) and other rare files which may have very few seeds.
Also u'll need to configure the client to work best with ur connection. Remember this is just 256 kpbs. See which settings work best for you, halping u get the most out of the 8 hrs u got to download, hehe.
Some pointers :
1) Change the default port used by the client to somewhere b/w 10000 and 20000, forward the same in ur router (www.portforward.com)
2) Limit the uploads so that they don't choke ur connection (Usually, u'll have to change it according to the torrent) Limit it to the bare minimum on well seeded torrents such as music albums and increase it a little on movie torrents (usually slow).
3) Limit the max no. of connections made by the client. This is will prevent majority of the bandwidth being used up just in making connections (sure, if u have a 2 mbps connection...the more the better) but it'll affect speeds if u have 256 or less.
4) Run simulataneous downloads, no points just letting bandwidth go to waste. Like 2-3 torrents together if they're giving avg. 5-6 kbps each. Or u cud have one download running at 20 kbps on limewire and leave the rest for ur torrent. No point running two fast downloads together though they'll just choke on each other.
Ok tired of typing....if i haven't covered something ask..

Originally posted by bad_till_bones@Sep 13 2005, 10:00 AM
Really believe no need for PORT FORWARDING........agree with coolbuddy.. :P
[snapback]24967[/snapback]
[/quote]

I would differ somewhat. Might be u guys are running in bridged mode or maybe everything is configured to be open and u forgot. something like that.
Like I said in my previous messages, I had port forward got good speed though I maynot attribute to PF. Then switched it off since I don't have static IP and PF can only be done with static IP. got bad connection barely around 2-4k, web surfing was good. yest. gave 0 PF a try. No PF no download happening. Using gnutella, FastTrack. All required ports for them are open on my local firewall. Then enable PF, restart router. got good speeds. though still not as good as day 1 of getting triband but atleast I cud sleep well :)

So I would say PF works. maybe bridged mode etc maynot be neccesary.

Don't know, no firewall settings, Modem not in bridge mode, but still connection is gud (for all types).....May be sumthin else.......... :)

hi members a vague prob is ocurring i cant set the rules for software,to open the ports when i press the apply button it says save and reboot but the rule doesnt show up in user column have done it for limewire ,bitcomet and bitspirit they all work fine was trying for revconnect is there a limit or what or some other probs it doesnt save anything plz help

ohh i had this problem.. and i did a factory reset (pressing the reset button on the router) and after that i could save everything .. yo ucan try it out..

Back