MTNL Broadband: POrt forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter powerontop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 114
  • Views Views 35,622
for one, they are faster...

Hi , The MTNL person who came for my setup entered a static ip for my machine .. I changed the option for DHCP and the connection was still working .. only thing was Azureus started giving a NAT error since i had used the static IP for port forwarding ... how do you setup port forwarding for DHCP ..ie what IP do you mention in the setup ...

hey guyz i want to do port forwarding for emule...so if any of u knows the procedure then please help..i opened advanced->virtual server from my router page..but there it asks for port end and port map..i dont hv ane idea wt to write there..if ane of u hv done it then plz tell me asap

First create static address (eg 192.168.1.2) in ur router's Virtual Server Page also enter ur comp's name

Now again in virtual server create a custom rule called emule and for port map, end everywhere enter the port emule uses (Port 4661) or whichever u want to use for ur emule.Always select TCP/UDP in that dropdown box .Ok these settings.
Add the custom rule to right pane in virtual server page

Apply the settings
Save & Reboot

Now apply the following settings For ur LAN card

IP Address 192.168.1.2 (Same as u entered for Router)
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1

Preferred DNS Server 203.94.227.70
Alternate DNS Server 203.94.243.70

Click -> OK -> OK

Now the port u hav opened in Router must be same as in emule (In this case 4661)

Bingo :D

Finally If u didnt understand and are a N00b go here :

Emule port forward

Back