MTNL Broadband: POrt forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter powerontop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 114
  • Views Views 35,619
you should search through the forums, there is everything you need to know about port forwarding.btw about emule, it sucks. :P

ahh those golden words " emule sux" i've been repeating them since the day i dwlded emule :D

Originally posted by mystery_inc18@Apr 1 2006, 12:03 PM
ahh those golden words " emule sux" i've been repeating them since the day i dwlded emule :D
[snapback]46546[/snapback]
[/quote]
i never ever have used emule and still i say it sucks!!!! :D

The ed2k network has tonnes of stuff available on it which is impossible to find anywhere else. You might not need any of it but plenty of other ppl do :P The emule developers have never claimed that it's a fast client and it ain't by any stretch of one's imagination. What it is though, is a goldmine where u can find albums by even the most obscure bands, rare concerts, ebooks and other stuff. I'd rather i get them even if it take 2-3days than not having them at all. :)

^^^ good point.but the fact is that you can get the rearest of rare things at some other places too. ;)

I was using port forwqarding on 65533 UDP but it stopped working for 2-3weeks.. n Azureus was showing NAT & Firwall error.& Goin to Virtual Server>User .. it didnt helpAlthough now I have switched to bridged mode, & NAT is ok nowCan anyone tell why that happened?

Originally posted by waterloo_sunset@Apr 1 2006, 10:54 PM
The ed2k network has tonnes of stuff available on it which is impossible to find anywhere else. You might not need any of it but plenty of other ppl do :P The emule developers have never claimed that it's a fast client and it ain't by any stretch of one's imagination. What it is though, is a goldmine where u can find albums by even the most obscure bands, rare concerts, ebooks and other stuff. I'd rather i get them even if it take 2-3days than not having them at all. :)
[snapback]46667[/snapback]
[/quote]

i totally agree with u dude, but wot use is it if u can only veiw the results and not dwld them ??? Its all the more frustating to see the file right in front of u but not being able to dwld it .

Originally posted by viralbug@Apr 1 2006, 11:46 PM
but the fact is that you can get the rearest of rare things at some other places too. ;)
[snapback]46677[/snapback]
[/quote]

Like which ones? Lemme know and if ur right i'll uninstall emule that very instant. :P

Originally posted by rollcage@Apr 2 2006, 01:13 AM
I was using port forwqarding on 65533 UDP but it stopped working for 2-3weeks..
n Azureus was showing NAT & Firwall error.
& Goin to Virtual Server>User .. it didnt help
Although now I have switched to bridged mode, & NAT is ok now
Can anyone tell why that happened?
[snapback]46698[/snapback]
[/quote]

Try disabling upnp in Azureus (Options>>Plugins>>Upnp and uncheck the box there). It interferes with port forwarding and if u've manually forwarded the port like u say u did, then disable it and most prolly it'll stop giving the NAT error. Also try using some other port if this doesn't work. And enable both TCP/UDP protocols in the port forward settings. (which modem are u using btw?)

@mystery_inc, if you've forwarded ur ports porperly and getting a highID then there's no reason why it shouldn't download. Only other reasons could be that ur not sharing too many files....u've capped ur uploads to below 4K's or whatever ur trying to download has a very limited no. of sources (below 4-5) coz i admit it can be painfully slow if there are just 2-3 sources in all. Also try fiddling around with emule mods. I personally don't use any but you can try if u wanna. Some of them are known to be slightly faster than the official client.

@waterloo_sunset .. I have D-Link 502T,
what is upnp?

waise i have switched to bridge mode by following this
now its not giving any NAT error or Firewall, (also i dont hav any firewall on my pc). should i remain on bridge mode. bcoz it needs no forwarding.

Back