MTNL Broadband: POrt forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter powerontop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 114
  • Views Views 35,615
Man i am really getting mad by that router firmware.

In PPP mode i am unable to forward port for utorrent.

See the images.....

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6276/untitled16tu.jpg
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4597/untitled7hn.jpg

I have read portforward.com but unable to get rid of the problem!!

I am stuck!!Getting speed only 4 KB/s. In Bridge mode it's 23.8 KB/s

its fairly simple... trick... I also had a lot of trouble with that... but if you know your router basics then its fairly easy.It seems that you want to forward 60269 port rite. what you can do is in the new rule under User Rules in Virtual Server under Port Map select the port to which you want to forward to which in this case will also be 60269. so your screen will look like this...Port Start: 60269 Port End: 60269Port Map: 60269Save the rule (do not forget to apply the rule, only creating it will not help)then save settings and restart.voila it should work now.If you need any more help just post back here.Tejas

Thanks man it works......Sometime even advance user needs help!Thanks for u r reply .....Thing i was missing is that i did not specified the port in port map fileld ,I guess.I learn By Mistakes lol

QUOTE(bad_till_bones @ Sep 9 2005, 08:47 AM) [snapback]24506[/snapback]
Thts why I said - "DSL & Firewall r anti of each other. U will hve to loose one thing in order to gain the 100% of other. Yeah, in sum cases u can have 50% - 50% of each other".
[/b]

Not necessarily. If you enable firewall on both router and your system, it won't hurt if you know what you want
from the firewalls. Mostly people use firewall to block all incoming connections, except few which are used by
their local applications. For example you can run a bittorrent client listening on port 12345 on your system
and allow router firewall to forward all traffic to this port to your system. Then this will only work if the
firewall on your local system is either disabled or it too is configured to accept all incoming connections
on the same port. If either of the firewall is misconfigured, you won't get the desired result.

The problem in router configuration is plenty. It depends on which model and which firmware is in use.
I found a lot of problems with D-Link DSL-502t router. Its user defined firewall rules were not getting saved.
But the default rules set for games etc. were working correctly. I solved the problem by reconfiguring
my application to use one of the game's port. I am using a Linux system and its firewall is pretty robust
to say the least. I am running both the firewalls (router and local system) and things are fine. Well, I can't
say much about Windows firewall as I don't use it and I don't trust Windows to connect to the Internet.

I was able to do por forwarding before but now my router is not allowin me to do it...I have D-Link GLB-502T router with software version 3.7.0B...I performed port forwarding before using the guide posted on the site but now when try to do it like when i click on the PORT FORWARDING link on the modem page i get and error or a message saying "YOU MUST ENTER AN IP ADDRESS ON LAN CLIENTS PAGE FOR THE SELECTED LAN GROUP TO ENTER THIS SETUP"I did it before and there was no such message...Wht shall i do?

Open Command Prompt from under Accessories. Type ipconfig [enter]. Check the IP Add assigned to ur machine. Most probably it's 192.168.1.2Now, Go to Advanced>Lan Clients in the moden config page. Now add that ip to the list (or select it if it's already in the list coz it creates an entry for 192.168.1.3 sometimes) and click apply. You chould be able to view the Port Forward options again.

HIMy utorrent always starts with green light and after a few hours it turns yellow i.e port not correctly forwarded warning.So i went thru a few port forwarding guides.SO here is something i need to ask:My ip(as i have set in internet connection prop is) : 192.168.1.9My utorrent port is 45680So when i telnet to my modem and make a virtual server.Here are the parameters i need to enter :Service NameProtocolExternal Start portExternal end portInternal start portInternal end portInternal server IPNOw what shud i enter in these options?? Plz help thnx.

supose you want to forward only 1 port to utorrent , say 55445Service Name blablaProtocol TCPExternal Start port 55445External end port 55445Internal start port 55445Internal end port 55445Internal server IP Your local computers ip addressIf you are using dhcp then i would prefer that you make a static entry in ur modem and set your pc to use a static lan ip .

Back