MTNL Broadband Unlimited Plans with 2 Mbps speed on Sundays and Night

• Thread starter Thread starter shatrughan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 115
  • Views Views 32,583
i don't get the logic behind these plans. i mean instead of making things cheaper they are actually demanding 333/- more for the 1mbps plan to download at double speed at night ?? lolz . lets be honest here. most of us are gonna use it to download movies n stuff.(we ain't exactly saints here) .woudn't it be cheaper to pay for a membership of some online dvd rental ?? i m sure it wud cost less than 333 !!!!apart from that considering the disaster that happened when we all got 2mbps free i wud be very very sceptical about what speeds we would get at night. who is gonna stay awake just to make sure the 2mbps doesn't become 0.2 in the middle of the night ??? haha ..atleast that was happening to most of us during the 'funday' period !

Wikedmonk, I agree complete but the concept here is charging extra for extra speeds. Again while we all complained crappy speeds during the "Fundays" in April this was because all of us were subscribed to it.That is the whole Mumbai circle MTNL ADSL subscribers no wonder it failed miserably. Here in these plans it ultimately will represent only a per-portion of the subscribers which have leeched onto these plans.Though I say say this keeping in mind that rest of us would actually suffer since these leechers/subscribers would be hogging the bandwidth increasing the contention ratios for all of us.Regards

So I called MTNL and the CSR had no Idea about these plans. Typical

F*** off MTNL. You will not get a single paisa from me for these regressive plans. This is not the step forward. This is a step sideways.2 Mbps @ 999 with FUP 200GB is all I am asking for. Not a huge demand by any means.I also will not mind paying 1999 for 5 Mbps. So my wait for Hayai continues.

Amazing, ISPs never get tired of using the phrase "upto speeds".
Lets be honest here, they have that 80% rule.I am on a 1Mbps@999 plan & i get 800kbps.
What they could rather should have done was give 2mbps at night on the same plan.
Again there's more to it, lately MTNL speeds have been fluctuating rather going down, which I why the choice becomes more difficult.

Unless u r an owl & like to spend your nights perched on the tree branch outside your house with your laptop in hand, I don't find use for it.
Hell, it could lead to MTNL hangover.Excerpts of a fictional conversation between 2 friends:
A:- Hey bro, u look like your eyes r going to pop out.
B:- Its that bad, huh.Ever since MTNL 2Mbps night plans have started I am suffering from MTNL hangover.Damn u, MTNL.

On second thought, Dracula would have loved these plans.:desire:

Given the bad experience most (if not all) of us had with Fundays, I'm tempted to wait a few weeks and see how it works out. But I think I'll make the jump to this plan from 1Mbps unlimited.

DSL 666 Plan really looks good, The Default speed would have been more than 320 atleast but neverthless, they r giving 1mbps(from 10-8) and 2mbps on sundays :) provided, the connection remains stable. Their bandwidth is really going to be sucked out like any thing now.

Piss poor show
Paying MTNL 999 is more than enough. Wake me up when 4mbps UL becomes available at similar pricing.

Agree 100% Not impressed by this BS :(

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

i don't get the logic behind these plans. i mean instead of making things cheaper they are actually demanding 333/- more for the 1mbps plan to download at double speed at night ?? lolz . lets be honest here. most of us are gonna use it to download movies n stuff.(we ain't exactly saints here) .woudn't it be cheaper to pay for a membership of some online dvd rental ?? i m sure it wud cost less than 333 !!!!
apart from that considering the disaster that happened when we all got 2mbps free i wud be very very sceptical about what speeds we would get at night. who is gonna stay awake just to make sure the 2mbps doesn't become 0.2 in the middle of the night ??? haha ..atleast that was happening to most of us during the 'funday' period !

Not only have they started talking like the pvt operators but now have started milking the customers too. After the FU's during the Funday crap (my speeds have still not been restored properly, it fluctuates drastically all day long) , it's going to get only worse. :anger3::eek:

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Wikedmonk,

I agree complete but the concept here is charging extra for extra speeds. Again while we all complained crappy speeds during the "Fundays" in April this was because all of us were subscribed to it.That is the whole Mumbai circle MTNL ADSL subscribers no wonder it failed miserably. Here in these plans it ultimately will represent only a per-portion of the subscribers which have leeched onto these plans.

Though I say say this keeping in mind that rest of us would actually suffer since these leechers/subscribers would be hogging the bandwidth increasing the contention ratios for all of us.

Regards

Looks like the rest of us :) will have to kiss MTNL goodbye at least on sundays if this catches on. :eek:

so called 1504 again, finally they acknowledged that the 1333 plan exists, told me to call 1500 to change it.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

on the phone with 1500

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

very incompetent csr, took 3 mins to figure out the plan exists, now says that booking won't open till tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

why am I not surprised?

Back