MTNL IPTV: IPTV To Be Launched

• Thread starter Thread starter lost_soul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 87
  • Views Views 23,962
QUOTE(Tanmay @ Oct 14 2006, 10:55 AM) [snapback]65295[/snapback]

EDIT: Did some research and found the STB they'll most prolly use.It has WiFi Support and USB Mass Storage Support and runs on Linux.And supports upto 720p.

http://www.softier.com/pdf2/softier%20wave-400crop.pdf
[/b]
:blink: whats that !!

Dude 720p means the Resolution of 1280 x 720 which maybe called as High Definition which is greater than the current offered DVD Quality of Resolution of 720 x 480.

Read some basic info here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/720p

@Kane : You don't know what a STB is ??

oh ok thanks.shouldnt DTH be able to provide HD too? i think it might require STBupgradation. not sure.IPTV is wired digital, DTH is wireless digital, otherwise there should notbe much difference.

i thought it was registration form.just hope that they dont directly register u for IPTV and charge u in next bill. one cant say, anything can happen with MTNL billing dept.

^^^ After clicking on submit, I got a message which read something like:"Our representative will call you with details soon (dont remember exact statement, but it was something similar..." Also read the last question in that form: "What time do you prefer MTNL or IOL Representative to call you." that means they wont activate it automatically without calling, I hope...But yes I agree anything can happen with MTNL Billing Dept, they have all CA's as clerks.... :P

One more thing I've read about IPTV was Triple Play.That means if you have all three services from Mtnl i.e. the Phone,Broadband and IPTV then you can avail some very nice features like when a Call comes in the No and Name of the Caller is displayed on the Screen and also you can see if theres any new E-Mail for you everything on the TV itself !!

caller id should be possible but new email alert notification, i dont think it would be implemented except if its mtnl email id. just like yahoo msgr gives u new mail alert of yahoo mail NOT gmail.

Back