MTNL To Announce New Unlimited Plans On Oct. 2nd

well ya airtel might not come in my area i guess.. even now i only have mtnl in my area even though there are (which i know of ) around 30 odd triband subsribers in my area.. hmm..and even then there is only mtnl and no other isp..

Originally posted by Sushubh@Oct 26 2005, 02:04 PM
in another case, if your area is sarkari, you would need two things to make your life easier...
1. connections. get someone on an important position to call airtel head in the region.
2. they apparently would spread line to your area (if its close enough) if you can find them enough customers in your region. a friend got his connection after committing for 8 lines.
[snapback]29571[/snapback]
[/quote]

Already spoke to the manager/head of my area..they have a wire 100 metres down the road but not ready to extend it to my place. He wants atleast 15 more connections, according to him cost is around Rs. 1000/sqm.

Not sure if i can convince 15 sarkari ppl to let go of their sakari lines :P

Originally posted by max@Oct 26 2005, 12:21 PM
I LOVE YOU MAN!!! (err...don't worry not that kinda LOVE. I am straight  :rolleyes: ). ATLAST SOMETHING OFFICIAL! :D Good observation!!

hahaha, verrry funny, I'm straight too, but not homophobic like the archaic indian law hehe.

Hey, I did reply in the airtel section wondering if airtel uses packet shaping technology to block bit torrent (or anything else). I hope they dont...because I get most of my stuff from torrents. I am so disgusted with chor pacenet, but I suppose I must wait for another 3-6? months for either mtnl or airtel to make a move :(

Originally posted by chicmagnet@Oct 26 2005, 12:33 PM
ya  i agree with max... not only the cost has increased a lot.. but frequent power cuts have become the norm with reliance...
[snapback]29548[/snapback]
[/quote]

Seriously, the power situation is crazy in delhi. Think it costs my dad twice the amount he pays for my broadband conn. to actually run the comp. Been pestering him to buy me a laptop on the pretext of lower elec. bills. Who knows, he might actually fall for it. Maybe they should have a NU scheme for electricity too :P Think the whole of Delhi wud turn nocturnal like us then, hehe.

More news on Bharti Broadband (airtel) on page 19 of TOI today - Oct 27th. Seems like it is going to talk to hathway for last mile connectivity.Is available in some parts of the city - malad, marine lines. etc.But not everywhere :(

OMG!! Hathway is NOT available in my area! :( I want Airtel DSL!!! :(

Originally posted by netfreak@Oct 27 2005, 01:49 PM
http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/oct/27mtnl.htm

Seems like MTNL is really going to release some new plans.
[snapback]29683[/snapback]
[/quote]

well airtel's launch means one thing is definite its time to shape up or die... with airtel moving on the market i expect mtnl to definitely move on unlimited plans now.

i wouldnt mind sticking to mtnl if i get flat rate plan

Originally posted by max@Oct 27 2005, 12:27 PM
OMG!! Hathway is NOT available in my area! :( I want Airtel DSL!!! :(
[snapback]29674[/snapback]
[/quote]

what does hathway being or not being in your area have to with anything? they are just using the fibre of these guys to get into areas faster... they could use anyones fibre for that be it even reliance their competitor

thats great news ppl.. now we have confirmed info.. from rediff.. even though it does not say unlimited.. a revised tariff means tht there is a likelyhood tht the plan has been accepted and might be put into effect by the first of this month .. i say 1st coz i dont think they are capable of 1 or 2 days :rolleyes: anyways. .good stuff non the less.. keep ur fingers crossed. hope to see new and better plans when i get back in town next week..

Back