My First Android?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 331
  • Views Views 30,740
Seems childish, but I want to know whether there are good apps inn Android for managing files, i mean a File Manager in which u can rename/hide/unhide files??

And a good Office Suite - whichever it is.....preferably an open source app.

To hide files, there is a free app called Hide It Pro (Shown as Audio manager) in your app drawer.

Ok, so doesnt a File Manager do that? Btw liked the idea of the app - it is shown as an Audio Manager......only u wud know what it is!

Ok, so doesnt a File Manager do that? Btw liked the idea of the app - it is shown as an Audio Manager......only u wud know what it is!

Nope. Have never seen a file manager do that. I use two File Managers i.e. Astro and Root Explorer. The Audio Manager even functions as an Audio Manager i.e. change volume of ringtones, notifications etc. But when u tap and hold the Audio Manager logo, u will be prompted for a password which gives access to the "OTHER' function :tongue:

Nah, actually i am just gauging how many changes i will need to cope up with, as i migrate from a Nokia to any Android based phone.In Nokia, the file managers - 3rd party apps ie, do that function of Hiding & renaming......

Nah, actually i am just gauging how many changes i will need to cope up with, as i migrate from a Nokia to any Android based phone.

In Nokia, the file managers - 3rd party apps ie, do that function of Hiding & renaming......

I was in the exact situation, migrated from Nokia N73 to Samsung Galaxy 3. Finally I've found alternatives of almost all the apps that I had in my Nokia except a Call Recorder. Now that I got official Froyo on my handset two days ago, it solved my phone memory woes too.

There are many others who are in the same boat. Looking to shift from Nokia to Android. And many others like have already done that in recent times. Hope Nokia wakes up.....before 1 fine day even a 1110 buyer of past will opt for a cheap China phone or some affordable Androids.

There are many others who are in the same boat. Looking to shift from Nokia to Android. And many others like have already done that in recent times. Hope Nokia wakes up.....before 1 fine day even a 1110 buyer of past will opt for a cheap China phone or some affordable Androids.

Nokia has already dug up their grave by selecting WP7 instead of Android. Or atleast they could have worked more on tweaking Symbian to match Android.

Well..as far as 1110 Nokia buyer is concerned.. that market is already hit ..as ppl are seeing more of Micromax etc kind of phones with more features at same price... The higher end (>10k) is hit by Android... At the moment the 5-8k market is where I feel they have some sort of presence still

Quickoffice comes bundled with Nokia too, it offers read-only features. We gotta upgrade to edit files on the device itself.Of course there are kracked version available, but, editing files on a small screen? Mhmm!

Back