My First Android?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 331
  • Views Views 30,740
My First Android is the super phone :)HTC SensationCan't wait to Root it...

Looks like my time for getting "My First Android" is approaching. A good job, and i hope that i get 1 out of my first pay itself!!

I have still not used any Android phones. I think still the Android is not stable bcz we already have 3 versions in last 1 year... 2.1 , 2.2 & 2.3 android...As soon as the version changes, the price of android phone you purchased goes down...2 Questions I have:If you upgrade the version on your own, Warranty of phone is void?If you upgrade , on your own, makes the phone unstable based on the specs it has? like new versions may require higher ram or cpu speeds?

Even I have same 2 questions with additional query1) Can Android phone's be upgraded manually? How easy it wud be?2) If you upgrade and there is problem with phone (hardware or software), can you downgrade it back to OEM's version?

hi amish, it seems we have asked most difficult questions !

Yep, if someone sponsor's me Android phone. I am ready to give it a try and report here!

Yes, you can upgrade your android version as long as your phone's hardware is capable. Updates are released by the phone's manufacturer as long as they feel fit. Once they stop releasing updates, you can update manually, however this will void the warranty. You can rollback to the oem version any time you like. If you have any other queries, regarding android, do ask me. And yes, android is very stable. Each version incorporates some new features and perfomance improvements, though.

Back