Need a high speed WLAN router (upto 100 Mbps Fiber Plan)

• Thread starter Thread starter doctorhouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 145
  • Views Views 12,566
ISP
Airtel Xstream Fiber 100 Mbps (Getting 300Mbps+)
Hello! I am using Timbl Fiber 60X plan under which I get 60Mbps download and upload speed if connect directly through LAN cable.
I am currently using single antenna D-Link 600L router for WiFi. But I get speed 25-35 Mbps download and upload.
Suggest me some router than can provide me if I take 100 Mbps speed connection it should provide me in WiFi router.
Thanks!

TP-Link Archer C6 👍
Be sure to check the model number before purchasing as it is usually confused with C60 or A1200

Upvote 0
The C6 has all Gigabit ports in the LAN side . Wifi supports upto 800 Mbps

The C20 AC750 has 100 Megabit ports which suits your 100 Mbps requirement but having Gigabit can u know increase the potential of expansion in future. Wifi supports upto 500 Mbps

its quite future proof...like one time investment
Custom Firmware can also be loaded which includes advanced features

If you plan to get a 200 Mbps connection in future for some needs . You will be limited by your router . Again spending for a new router

Upvote 0
The C6 has all Gigabit ports in the LAN side . Wifi supports upto 800 Mbps

The C20 AC750 has 100 Megabit ports which suits your 100 Mbps requirement but having Gigabit can u know increase the potential of expansion in future. Wifi supports upto 500 Mbps

its quite future proof...like one time investment
Custom Firmware can also be loaded which includes advanced features
The thing is in future I will get airtel xtreme fiber or jio gigafiber connection. But currently in my region I have BSNL FTTH and Timbl fiber. As all these BSNL, airtel and Jio provide a wireless router with their connection. Timbl just provide ONT device not wireless. If I buy expensive C6 then it would be a waste.
Currently my plan is 60 Mbps in timbl fiber and will keep that as it is more than enough for 2 users.

Upvote 0
If I buy expensive C6 then it would be a waste.
Currently my plan is 60 Mbps in timbl fiber and will keep that as it is more than enough for 2 users.
Still a side router is a investment worth it because the ONT provided by providers like Airtel and Jio just cannot deliver the experience of Wifi (high speed) 500 Mbps over better range

You can bridge the High performance Router there .

If one of the ONT is faulty at Airtel side. You will have to use a router u have . That time a gigabit router will help you with speeds upto 600 Mbps without any hiccups

As you are taking one , It will help you with future connections also. Just a suggestion

Upvote 0
Ok! What are the competitors of TP-Link Archer C6 in same price range? From Netgear and D-Link?

Also I need to ask did BSNL FTTH provided you a wireless ONT device with security deposit of how much? or you purchased from BSNL or third party?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The thing is in future I will get airtel xtreme fiber or jio gigafiber connection. But currently in my region I have BSNL FTTH and Timbl fiber. As all these BSNL, airtel and Jio provide a wireless router with their connection. Timbl just provide ONT device not wireless. If I buy expensive C6 then it would be a waste.
This one looks quite expensive.
2500 is expensive? People buy routers for 25k plus. That could be called expensive. 2500 is the basic dirt cheap variant.

Upvote 0

Back