Need a new Laptop Battery

Laptop battery of my 5 year old laptop is dying...Charging is stuck at 25%....called a few Sony service centers and they're quoting 7k-9k for a battery.

Do original batteries really cost that much?? What are my options?

yup. Dell quoted 15K few years ago for my inspiron. i ended up buying a third party battery which well did not work out well. money spent was wasted. you can experiment with third party batteries and hope for the best.

battery worked fine. life was also fine. the problem was that whenever i did anything resource intensive, the laptop just restarted. which meant that the power supply from the battery was not optimal for the requirement of the laptop so i stopped using it. your other alternative is to stop using the laptop as a laptop. connect it to a power source permanently backed by a ups/inverter so it does not have to switch over to the internal battery at all.

My inspiron battery died as well . They quoted 7k at service centre... thinking to buy from Amazon as they have approx 3k price .. Dont need additional backup... just need 20-25mins backup as no major power cut at my place

Back