Need Info about GPRS

• Thread starter Thread starter kapur
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,725

kapur

ISP
MTNL Broadband
Hi all,I have got Sony erricsson w300i edge enabled mobile phone with airtel connection and IBM laptop with vista.. I want internet connection just for 3 months only in delhi.. So pl. suggest me how to go for GPRS and What are the Plans/tariff available..and What software I will be needing for mobile to use as modem for Vista enabled laptop..Pl. help me,Thanks in advance,Kapur

hey aryan boy, here's what you'll need1) a cd driver to install the modem. (probably available on the bundled CD you got with the mobile phone)2) a data cable to connect your mobile to your computer.3) you'll need to activate airtel gprs MO on to your mobile phone by sending GPRSACT to 222you'll get a confirmation sms within a minute or two.now make a connection on your computerstart > programs > accessories > communications > new connections wizardconnect to the internet > setup my connection manually > connect using a dialup modem > enter isp name > blank username > blank password > *99***# will be the no to connect > next next finishentering settingsstart > settings > control panel > phone and modem options > select your modem > properties > advanced > extra initialization commands > enter this line below...+CGDCONT=1,"IP","airtelgprs.com"done!!! now try connecting...billing is Rs. 15 a day in mumbai... not sure elsewhere.

hey aryan boy, here's what you'll need

1) a cd driver to install the modem. (probably available on the bundled CD you got with the mobile phone)
2) a data cable to connect your mobile to your computer.
3) you'll need to activate airtel gprs MO on to your mobile phone by sending GPRSACT to 222

you'll get a confirmation sms within a minute or two.

now make a connection on your computer
start > programs > accessories > communications > new connections wizard
connect to the internet > setup my connection manually > connect using a dialup modem > enter isp name > blank username > blank password > *99***# will be the no to connect > next next finish

entering settings
start > settings > control panel > phone and modem options > select your modem > properties > advanced > extra initialization commands > enter this line below...
+CGDCONT=1,\"IP\",\"airtelgprs.com\"

done!!! now try connecting...

billing is Rs. 15 a day in mumbai... not sure elsewhere.

Thanks rageaddict for explaining these complex stuff in a simple way..I will try.. and get back to you if found any prob!:)

Back