Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 111,095
the modem-router provided by bsnl doesnot have option to change dns
ios-dns-settings.jpg

android-oreo-dns.jpg

Then you have to change it individually on each device in their wifi settings.I have posted some screenshots , you can refer to them

Last edited by a moderator:
Try 1.1.1.1 as primary dns and 1.0.0.1 as secondary dns(It’s cloud flare DNS better than Google DNS) in your router settings it should improve your ping

Was having problems earlier, so BSNL guys gave me their DNS and I am using that only which is giving best results except ping on a few servers. You can also try 218.248.114.1 and 218.248.114.129

Because of their inability to diagnose and resolve a network issue i shifted to Airtel FTTH today and i am getting 130Mbps on a plan of 100Mbps DL and UL. :) also getting 500GB instead of 270GB for the same cost.
Awesome, use it for sometime, and then would like to hear a review of airtel FTTH from you. In my area Airtel is also laying it's cable not sure whether it is V fiber or FTTH. Even in V fiber the connection quality would be slightly less than BSNL FTTH but what matters is that Airtel's service is very good and is rarely down as compared to BSNL, my FTTH was down almost 4 days in past one month.

Ok, regarding Airtel's service. i can give you my first impressions.

My airtel connection stopped working suddenly after a day of installation and activation. Connection stopped working at 5.20pm i called up airtel and my complain was registered at 5.37pm. I got a time slot for the next day 8.30-9.30am. After speaking to the customer care rep at 5.42pm my door bell rang and lo and behold the awesome airtel technical guy is standing at my door. I was actually shocked and stood at the door for 2-4 seconds after he told me that he was from airtel. No one can be this fast, not even airtel. :) Anyways he checked the router and saw the red light of death blinking. He concluded that there is a problem in the fiber cable between the buildings box and my ONT and he doesn't have the adequate equipment to resolve it. He called up the Linesman and requested him to visit my address and then he left without giving me an estimate time on when the linesman will come. It was 6pm by then. No one came after that.

So today (9:04am) i called up the landline number which had contacted me a day before yesterday to see if i was available at home for the installation of the ftth connection. I explained to him that connection was installed a day back and its not working. He asked me about the red light to which i replied yes its blinking. He assured me that he will send a linesman to check the connection. At 9:49am i got a call from the Linesman to ask me if he can come. At 10:00am he was at my door. My connection was restored at 10:15am. He asks me to never ever disturb the fiber cables coming out of the ONT until absolutely necessary as they are very delicate( Although the problem was in the building's box but still he said it just as a precautionary measure). Asks me for the happy code(4 digit number received in the message confirmation for the complain) and leaves.

To sum it up, yes i was effing impressed. Had this been BSNL then the time frame for resolution would have been anywhere between 4days to a week.

Last edited:
@mayank yadav exactly that is my problem. Me and a few people all over the country are getting 300 ms ping on SE Asian servers from past 10-15 days but there has been no solution on their part till now and I have called them and talked on email almost 5-6 times. Many time the employee is on leave./ not on his table. He does not reads my email until I call him and he reads it by putting me on hold. I literally need to drag them to atleast hear me out. The customer care guys don't have adequate knowledge as to even what ping issues are, one guy told me "ye problem to aaj tak kisi ko nahi aayi, mai apke complaint me likhu kya?"

with wired it might perform well. wireless mode is going to be pretty bad. 100mbps would be tough with no AC support i guess.
iam connecting my desktop through LAN port from Router in repeater mode. 50mbps i don't have any issue, i would like to purchase Mi router to control the users connecting through my wifi.

Ok, regarding Airtel's service. i can give you my first impressions.

My airtel connection stopped working suddenly after a day of installation and activation. Connection stopped working at 5.20pm i called up airtel and my complain was registered at 5.37pm. I got a time slot for the next day 8.30-9.30am. After speaking to the customer care rep at 5.42pm my door bell rang and lo and behold the awesome airtel technical guy is standing at my door. I was actually shocked and stood at the door for 2-4 seconds after he told me that he was from airtel. No one can be this fast, not even airtel. :) Anyways he checked the router and saw the red light of death blinking. He concluded that there is a problem in the fiber cable between the buildings box and my ONT and he doesn't have the adequate equipment to resolve it. He called up the Linesman and requested him to visit my address and then he left without giving me an estimate time on when the linesman will come. It was 6pm by then. No one came after that.

So today (9:04am) i called up the landline number which had contacted me a day before yesterday to see if i was available at home for the installation of the ftth connection. I explained to him that connection was installed a day back and its not working. He asked me about the red light to which i replied yes its blinking. He assured me that he will send a linesman to check the connection. At 9:49am i got a call from the Linesman to ask me if he can come. At 10:00am he was at my door. My connection was restored at 10:15am. He asks me to never ever disturb the fiber cables coming out of the ONT until absolutely necessary as they are very delicate( Although the problem was in the building's box but still he said it just as a precautionary measure). Asks me for the happy code(4 digit number received in the message confirmation for the complain) and leaves.

To sum it up, yes i was effing impressed. Had this been BSNL then the time frame for resolution would have been anywhere between 4days to a week.

How to check if airtel fiber is available in our area

Back