Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 111,095
@mayank yadav price? And post screenshot of speedtest

Couple of days ago prime video/music was slow for me for some time but is OK now. youtube was OK. Pune here.

I have been informed by my Jto
Because of their inability to diagnose and resolve a network issue i shifted to Airtel FTTH today and i am getting 130Mbps on a plan of 100Mbps DL and UL. :) also getting 500GB instead of 270GB for the same cost.

But bsnl do provide 750gb @ 100mbps right? At almost same cost?

Don't get me wrong, the JTO's and SDE of my area do know there stuff pretty well. It is their typical sarkari office way of doing things which pissed me off. One has to really get after them to get the issue resolved.

But bsnl do provide 750gb @ 100mbps right? At almost same cost?

Yes they do provide it for ₹1277. But Airtel provides 100Mbps/500GB+1000GB bonus data for ₹1103 (that is if you pay for 6 months in advance otherwise the cost is ₹1299/mo ).
One other factor to consider is that BSNL provides a useless ONT(4 ports) with just one port open and the rest blocked. And the port is only capable of 100Mbps. So there is no scope for upgrade. moreover there is a ton of functionality missing in the ONT.

Since i was on ₹1091 plan which offered 270GB@100Mbps. It made sense for me to switch to airtel as i am getting 500GB at pretty much the same cost. I did not have to pay for installation since i subscribed for 6 months ARP.

@mayank yadav price? And post screenshot of speedtest

Back