New Airtel Broadband Plans For Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter mS8^Y4prh8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 13,643
I stay in heart of bangalore city, very near to their exchange, and still they said 8 mbps is not feasible! Let alone 16mbps!

we do not really have people living in posh societies in gurgaon on the forum. airtel has probably laid down fiber in the newer societies probably near to their own datacenters.

I stay in heart of bangalore city, very near to their exchange, and still they said 8 mbps is not feasible! Let alone 16mbps!
Look at your line rate on your router page. If it is above 8500kbps take a screenshot of the page and bug them till they give you the upgrade.

New plans!!! A 20mbps plan has been added ;)

Looks like their formatting goes to hell every time the update their plans :D They correct it after sometime but there is no point in waiting xD

Look at your line rate on your router page. If it is above 8500kbps take a screenshot of the page and bug them till they give you the upgrade.

Do you mean attainable rate downstream? If that is the case mine is 24000 Kbps but they still refused to migrate my connection to 8 Mbps speed giving me lame excuse of "area not feasible" please confirm on this and I will follow up with them until they give me 8 MBPS connection

Attainable rate is not always feasible

I was not claiming anything. Just wanted to know what are the technical parameters I need to look at in the router so that I can get back to Airtel and point out to them when they say my area is not feasible for 8 mbps speed

what airtel told me was that my connection has to be within a certain distance from their primary box for 8mbps speeds.

I'm not sure if that actually is the case, attainable rate is based on distance from box, among other parameters afaik. Coz, as distance increases attenuation should increase, and snr should go down, thereby affecting the line rate Many of the societies listed in the doc are not feasible for 8 mbit, this despite airtel usually terminating fiber within the societies via mini exchanges. It isn't available at my place. There seems to some other reason, not having enough capacity in a particular area perhaps.

Back