New Airtel Broadband Plans with Better Fair Usage Policy Limits?

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 393
  • Views Views 66,821
Getting this insane speed since evening. Am in 799 Plan with 512kbps with 8GB of FUP.

^I've also been getting ~2mbps for the last two days. Even with multiple (uninintended) router reboots, the speed is the same :) Something's messed up at airtel; not that I'm complaining ...The torrent traffic shaping also appears disabled. Currently "making hay", if you know what I mean.

Hopefully when my connection is finally fixed on Monday with new wiring, I'll get insane speeds too!

Called them to put me on the Turbo 150GB plan and the @#$@# now have a policy that they will only put the new plan on from the next billing cycle? huh?

i am going to face the same problem. i started out with the 1999 plan but later switched to stupid 3GB plan on the new connection i applied for at home. i now want it to switch to the 1999 plan. and i would have to wait for a month to get it.

Getting this insane speed since evening. Am in 799 Plan with 512kbps with 8GB of FUP.

according to the 799 plan you would receive 2mbps and the FUP is 6gb

Yep. It's bad for all. I have to wait till 23rd July to change the plan!

I don't know what geniuses made this new policy. My cycle now starts on the 26th, so effectively I am not getting a better plan and Airtel is not getting the higher tarrifs from me for almost a month - for what? Anyway, luckily it's only about increasing the quota, so it doesn't matter as long as I don't get FUPed, but if this is the policy they follow blindly, then they will have quite a few irate customers when they introduce higher speed plans. If I had to wait a month for a 8Mbps plan when I am ready to pay as of date, I would be pretty angry.

My billing cycle starts on 26th and called them to change my plan on 23rd. They said, to move from one low speed plan to any plan which gives >2Mbps, the request needs to be raised at least 5 days prior to the billing cycle else it will be pushed to the next month billing cycle!!! GREAT!!!

Back