Airtel Broadband enforcing new Fair Usage Policy limits on old customers

• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 13,962
this is why i was forced to switch to cable broadband. No more fup plus the prices r more economical. Although it depends if the cable guy in your area is a good one or not.

fuk the enforcing the part talk about wrongful reducing the speeds when FUP couldn't even have been crossed.....I am on 2999 plan where FUP is around 100 GB> I download roughly around 4G a day...just after one week BOOM speed goes half and net becomes suky....has hell....fuk Airtel.....They dnt even reset there FUP on start of new month has been happening with me fr 3 months now where I had to call them about that they havent rested my FUP.......pay 2999 fr wrongful closure of speed is just fuked on top of it....I just wish there was a better alternative now more than ever....1st we were worried we wont get good speeds now if we pay high price fr still nt that high speeds they manipulate as and when they want.....

I have shifted to MTNL after being airtel loyal customer for 3yrs. I happy with no FUP. I think MTNL is not that bad !!

in my case they refused to migrate my plan to my new residence, i lost the 2 mbps 1699 plan and was forced to take up the 4 mbps 1799 plan with no free calls and lesser FUPThinking abt MTNL and reliance now.

bad side of mtnl is long downtime when ever it happens...otherwise when it works it probly works better thn airtl upload speed is as according to your plan and ppl who are using mtnl in my area have pretty low ping compared to airtels...but again if MTNL goes down god only knws whn will it cm bak.....btw I think I missed out this thread as I think I did nt read or saw the screen shot where airtel are sending emails now to force customers to now change their plans.....that just sukx now this is just like end of BB in India if they want us to work with 256 kbps speeds as someone who wished to download will think twise now before doing any thing....BB era is ending in India here before even starting....

Better switch to Reliance.

How reliable is Reliance, I mean I've not heard very good reviews of their service. They use some non-standard way (non-ADSL) of providing broadband. No router at your premises and you have to login on a web page somewhere before you can start using the internet.

Reliance uses ADSL for their wired connection. Not sure where you got the info that it is otherwise

@anantyeah MTNL has this issue. But I should say that I am pretty impressed with their both upload and download speed. Their speed never fluctuates too much(I had this problem with airtel) and is above par with promised speed.

Reliance uses ADSL for their wired connection. Not sure where you got the info that it is otherwise

I'm not sure you're right. Their speeds are symmetrical which is usually not the case with ADSL.

Back