New Airtel Broadband Plans with Better Fair Usage Policy Limits?

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 393
  • Views Views 66,821
the sentence simply means that they have been doing traffic shaping for a long time..earlier the traffic shaping consisted of VoIP prioritisation now it consists of throttling of certain other apps as well..

hello everyone,i am from Chandigarh Punjab,i wana ask something,my frnd is using max 30GB plan 2MBPS,his download is over 40gb+ and yet he is getting full speed rather he should get 256kbps post FUP limit of 30GB,anyone can tell me any reason behind it?he got internet on 20th of Aug.,is it for first month,or airtel FUP really dnt apply now a days :P plz reply,thanks!!!!!!

airtel seems to have a messed up backend. so some users get lucky and are not FUPed. but eventually they find out the lucky ones and fix the system to mess up their connections. so essentially... this is not a feature. this is a bug.

airtel seems to have a messed up backend. so some users get lucky and are not FUPed.

but eventually they find out the lucky ones and fix the system to mess up their connections.

so essentially... this is not a feature. this is a bug.

May be,one more friend is also getting 1mbps constant even after his FUP 10GB,now one question is in my mind,it may be that he keep getting this speed for few months so better he enjoy,or he also think that if its a bug,den may he change his plan from 30gb to 10gb coz fup wont be affacting him,but in case he change plan and they fix issue while plan migration ,that shall be a problem for him!
Do u think so?Changing plan may FIX bug sooner!

changing your plan would mean that settings would be updated in the backend so that might trigger the FUP. do not risk it. that is what i would suggest.

Ok thanks for suggestion! I think Reliance is better with 999plan 1mbps and no FUP,can u give your views on it???

reliance has their own set of issues that range from one city to another and one customer to another. i would not suggest switching if you are happy with what airtel is providing you. if not, well, reliance is worth a try.

hmm,i think people cant use router with reliance modem thats what i heard,that they get some error on log in page of reliance when they log in through router!

yeah. reliance does not allow modem to dial and connect automatically. that was one of the major reasons i canceled my request for a new connection with them.

Hmm,my few friends claims they get speed 2mbps+ on bsnl wimax home plan 750rs which is actually a 512kbps unlimited plan,also read this on many forums today.

Back