New Software Upgrade on tata sky plus dth Set top DVR Box

• Thread starter Thread starter hondaactiva
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 15,419
Happened for my DVR STB on May 18 Monday morning....and took about 15 minutes....not sure what the updates are though...Anyone notice any difference?AC

can u watch the channels when update is going on? or u have to wait for 15-30mins? if something important is coming and u want to watch it, can u cancel the update temporarily?

I did not notice the new software upgrade as most of the time my STB is on mode probably during the night time the software might have been upgraded........

Upgrade could be for some bug fix, as there are lot many bugs it seems from posts in this forum.

can u watch the channels when update is going on? or u have to wait for 15-30mins? if something important is coming and u want to watch it, can u cancel the update temporarily?

No, you can't watch any TV channel or perform any operation on STB while software upgrade. Also there is no option to cancel the upgrade.

and if the STB restarts, its probably doomed.

and if the STB restarts, its probably doomed.
Not necessarily. STB's are provided with a memory which keeps backup of current running firmware, so in case upgrade is interrupted, STB fetches backup software and can function normally after reboot.
How ever it is recommeded to not disturb upgrade proces by removing signal or power off STB, as it may corrupt bootloader of STB, which may doom the STB as STB will not boot/Power On.

Did any one observe this.It happenend on Saturday morning, nearly took a bout 30 mins to update.

didnot get to notice it but saw that my current version is 22 april now....the only change i saw was an addition of auto standby option in settings i think...though today the system hung up on me like windows does...twice i don't what to think...another change now is signal strength shown now is 170 ish from 250 ish and signal quality...between 20 -40....very bad

No, you can't watch any TV channel or perform any operation on STB while software upgrade. Also there is no option to cancel the upgrade.

wow so if u r watching something interesting and Tata Sky DTH decides to upgrade then u have no option left but to go for a walk.

I was watching a recording when it happened - got stuck at 0% for a few minutes, I was sure it crashed... finally saw some activity as I was about to call tech support.The box feels even slower and has crashed atleast 4-5 times since then, why can't they just leave things that work alone! :@

Back