New Software Upgrade on tata sky plus dth Set top DVR Box

• Thread starter Thread starter hondaactiva
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 15,419
:D Noone ever objects buggy software.

I agree even if the bug stops a programme from recording when the user is away. It is still rocking :D

----------

Well on Monday evening (18th May) i left to Tirupathi.......and i returned home yesterday (19th May)..........the programmes which are supposed to get recorded on 18th may did not get recorded........
Now don't :wall: it will spoil your head more :D

Can somebody tell what is the use of Auto Standby and how it functions?

Can somebody tell what is the use of Auto Standby and how it functions?
I guess it puts STB automatically in Standby if no operation performed by user for long time (3 hours or more). I think there also could be setting to set the time to put STB automatically in Standby.
PVR STBs having HDD consume more power in power-on state, hence there is option provided by which STB goes into standby and power consumption is reduced as HDD stops. But if in standby any recording is scheduled then for recording period STB will again consume more power, and after recording stops STB returns to power saving standby mode.

* HDD - Hard disk

I guess it puts STB automatically in Standby if no operation performed by user for long time (3 hours or more). I think there also could be setting to set the time to put STB automatically in Standby.
PVR STBs having HDD consume more power in power-on state, hence there is option provided by which STB goes into standby and power consumption is reduced as HDD stops. But if in standby any recording is scheduled then for recording period STB will again consume more power, and after recording stops STB returns to power saving standby mode.

* HDD - Hard disk

I also guessed that and searched for some settings to set the time after which auto standby would be activated. But there is no such facility to set the time.

I also guessed that and searched for some settings to set the time after which auto standby would be activated. But there is no such facility to set the time.
I have no idea of settings in Tata Sky, but below are menu screen shots for SKY UK. As SKY & TATASKY have same software, and menu, you can find Auto-standby same as SKY. Its should be in Settings/Organiser >> Autostandby
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8159/image042yfc.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9753/image043n.jpg

It would help if you have your Review Buffer Depth set to anything other than 0. If it isn't 0 the HDD is going to be chugging away every second the STB is powered on! IIRC, 0 is _not_ the default setting the box comes with..

I have no idea of settings in Tata Sky, but below are menu screen shots for SKY UK. As SKY & TATASKY have same software, and menu, you can find Auto-standby same as SKY. Its should be in Settings/Organiser >> Autostandby
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8159/image042yfc.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9753/image043n.jpg

Yesterday when i was going thru the organiser menu i found a this auto stand by mode and i activated that setting too......but dont know whats the function of that........

Yesterday when i was going thru the organiser menu i found a this auto stand by mode and i activated that setting too......but dont know whats the function of that........
It puts STB in standby automatically to save power consumed by STB. In PVR, STB's takes 33% less power in standby when HDD is stopped. So for PVR STB's auto standby is provided to save power (for users who don't put STB in standby after watching TV :) ).

It puts STB in standby automatically to save power consumed by STB. In PVR, STB's takes 33% less power in standby when HDD is stopped. So for PVR STB's auto standby is provided to save power (for users who don't put STB in standby after watching TV :) ).

You mean to say that the green light on STB will turn red automatically after some inactive time? But if the user is watching a cricket match and he doesn't touch the remote for 3-4 hours, the STB will go in standby mode. There are no settings to customise the inactive time.

Back