Nokia G2425G-A in Bridge

• Thread starter Thread starter rohitks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,814
ISP
Airtel
Hi,
I have recently availed Tata Play fiber and I am trying to put this ONT in Bridge.
The engineer gave me admin login details. There's another user normally used called userAdmin for which most settings are locked.

When I login using admin, most settings unlock and there's an option in LAN to set LAN Ports to Bridge or Route.

I set say LAN4 to Bridge. But there's no info to be passed indicating associated WAN connection.
Then router reboots, LAN4 becomes Network Cable Unplugged in Windows 11.
Now connecting my router from LAN4 to WAN does not work.
PPPoE Auth does not authenticate. Tata have sent me the uid/pwd for PPPoE thru email.
Even connection from Windows 11 PPPoE does not work.
It says modem reported an error.
Does anyone know what am I missing.

In Airtel I do remember along with Bridge I needed to specify the WAN connection to bridge. But here it's only Bridge on LAN port or all ports.
Thanks.

I have checked this thread. Setting the G-2425G-A ONT to bridge mode but there's no info on how to actually set it in Bridge and topic shifts to static IP.

jVj330m.png

Last edited:
screenshots please

Upvote 0
I might be wrong, but this is LAN Bridge.
Its like a bridge between devices connected to LAN1-4 so that devices can communicate within the router.
Bridge Mode in WAN is different than this, its like passthrough.

Upvote 0
As Ajay said, also as discussed many times in the forum before, this will not enable the bridge you are looking for, heck the LED for that lan port won't even turn on....

Upvote 0
Bros, this is actually the brigde mode option on Nokia.
Works flawlessly for me, though I must add that I too faced that issue of no WAN cable connected on my router after enabling Bridge mode on Port 4, once or twice. But I restarted the ONT and the issue was gone!

Upvote 0
That's interesting because that's the only setting I can configure related to Bridge mode. Despite several restarts it does not work. I can not connect from my pc (LAN port) or another router at all.
To my knowledge the way bridge mode has been working in past is that, in WAN you set either Route or Bridge and then bind it to a specific LAN port.
But here in WAN, there's no such option.
Tata fiber sent me uid/pwd in a separate email. My uid looks like S56nnnnnn93 and then there's alphanumeric password. Unlike airtel there's no @domain name in therein in the uid.

I am going to seek help from Tata play engineer but I am not much hopeful.

Upvote 0
The LAN page settings that you sent are the only ones.
I've unlocked my router as well, I couldn't find any other settings related to bridge apart from these.

Maybe with TPF, some config has to be pushed from the backend?

Upvote 0

Back