Nokia N8 Pre Orders Finally Start !

• Thread starter Thread starter Karvin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 10,484
Good luck with Sony's cutting edge update cycle . Their X10 is still on 1.6 while other similar devices have had 2.2 since a long time .

I'm pretty sure Sony doesn't make the N8, so I don't have to worry about Sony's shitty firmware.

Nokia and Sony-Ericsson are bitter rivals (Nokia being Finnish, SE being Swedish), so I have to worry even less.

hehe. that part of the thread was related to android powered devices. :)

hehe. that part of the thread was related to android powered devices. :)

Yeah but he had quoted me :D

hehe. you were talking about Nokia x8. he probably mistook it for a Sony xperia model :D

D'oh. Typo on my part. Meant N8. Wouldn't buy a Sony phone anyway, Sony products break way too easily.

D'oh. Typo on my part. Meant N8. Wouldn't buy a Sony phone anyway, Sony products break way too easily.

SE drop and break shitty quality.....:) I spent more than 6k to get my last phone which was SE to get the screen replaced plus 1 week to leave it in service center never bought SE since :D

the only SE phone in our house... the day battery died, the phone became useless. because Sony ericsson dealer told me that it would be pretty much impossible to get an official replacement because the model had been discontinued and no spares were being provided. :D

SE drop and break shitty quality.....:) I spent more than 6k to get my last phone which was SE to get the screen replaced plus 1 week to leave it in service center never bought SE since :D

My last Sony phone broke, too, but I can do better than that: I left a $2000 DSLR camera sitting in Sony's Official Service Centre in Bangkok in 2006 because they wanted about $1000 to fix it (it was insured so it was paid for). It was 18 months old. It's still there, because they periodically mail me about when I will come and pick it up (they are aware that I have left Thailand BUT they won't ship it to me even if I pay for the shipping - I just haven't been able to make it back to Thailand JUST to pick up the damn camera).

I'm not sure which part of that story annoys me most.

I thought you were talking about Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 - Full phone specifications

Duly noted. Was a typo on my part which caused confusion. No Sony products for me. I'm planning to get an N8.

Back