not getting full streaming speed while watching online video.

i have 1 mbps connection and am not getting full streaming speed while watching video the most i get is 250-300kbps when i open websites or surf i get 1 mbps, only problem is while streaming has anyone experienced this problem?

on YouTube? Post site/video URL.

Try Google Chrome (latest build) and enable HTML5 video.
HTML5 video can be enabled from here.
It will give you significantly improve stream speed.

yeap. in my own personal experience. html5 player works better than adobe flash player.

i have a similar problem,i have 2Mbps , getting between 160-180 kB/sec on private torrent,normally get between 220-240, torrent is well seeded .on the other hand getting 240 kB/sec on direct downloads.has Airtel finally started traffic shaping with regard to P2P ?

@liverpool79
That's may be sufficient as you are on Airtel (Sucks).
Again, limit following options in torrent client.
1. Peer Exchange- No
2. Local Peer Discovery - No
3. Maximum Connections- 1000
4. Maximum number of connected Peers - 50
5. Encryption- Forced (or Yes)

@liverpool79
That's may be sufficient as you are on Airtel (Sucks).
Again, limit following options in torrent client.
1. Peer Exchange- No
2. Local Peer Discovery - No
3. Maximum Connections- 1000
4. Maximum number of connected Peers - 50
5. Encryption- Forced (or Yes)

actually,i never had any speed issues with Airtel since i started using their connection,speeds have always been good,this just happened from today.

also - Maximum number of connected Peers - 50,thats less than what the utorrent user guide suggests,it should at least be 75 if ur on a 512 Kbps connection,since im on 2 Mbps i use 120.

@liverpool79 I have 2Bps average connection(BSNL 3G). Getting 250-400KBps. Haven't used more than 50 peers anytime.
And please read Forum Guidelines as that says not to quote something which is at the last at the topic.

you might have surpassed the downlaod limit for 1MB users...that is 15GB...same is the case with me though...since past few days the speed is fluctuating to a large extent...torrents download speed at first 1 hour is around 145kbps...but later it falls down to 35-40 kbps..!! i have no idea..and when i called them..they tell me will look into it..!!

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

but i found one thing goood for the one who are receiving low speed even though their download limit isnt over..heres the trick which works 70percent..and no harm...and simple...

1)open up your run window
2)type "prefetch" click ok and delete all the information or files in it just..do ctrl+a and clear all
3)again open the run window type "%temp%" click on ok and delete evry file in it in the same way as explained above..
4)restart your pc as well as modem..

and see the change...

I am having the same problem but I am on Reliance. My downloads are at 90 - 100 kBps but the video streaming is at 300kbpsWill give HTML 5 a try and post the result

Back