• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 22,887

siddking09

ISP
DATAONE
Hi to all .this is my first post,didnt know where to post this but i am in big

trouble.since today morning,my lenovo laptop(3000,N100) is not working on

battery.i started it on battery in the morning and it was working fine.i charged

battery for 30-35 minutes..then i went to my college and used it on power

supply.after sometime when i switched off power supply,to my horror comp shut

down!!!it didnt switchto battery and now its not starting on battery. i pulled out

battery,inspected it but it looks fine..i have tried again but still no change.when i

go to power options,i see 89% charging always..i mean its not charging battery!!!

it is a Li-ion batttery.my laptops not in warranty..bu i cant buy a new one right

now.plz. help me , wat should i do??:confused:

I think your laptop battery is weak as it is taking electric charge but could not hold it after first trying on battery mode. Please consult your laptop vendor !

laptop batteries die. some die sooner. some die after a couple of years.mine is practically dead after one year. there is nothing you can do about it. get a new one or live with the one u have.

every laptop has a different model.i asked for quotes for my model...10500 for a 6 cell battery15500 for a 9 cell batteryi decided to skip buying the battery. i can buy an Asus eee pc for around that price. :)

Well I would suggest you to download Live CD of Ubuntu...Run it then go to battery info section and it will tell you very imp info about battery like "Capacity,Current Charge, Last full charge and design charge."

Capacity is a very good indicator of battery life. If its not retaining more then half of the charge ie Capacity of =Preferences>power management>General Tab> Always show the icon.

Hope it helps :)

every laptop has a different model.

i asked for quotes for my model...

10500 for a 6 cell battery
15500 for a 9 cell battery

i decided to skip buying the battery. i can buy an Asus eee pc for around that price. :)

15 grand for battery!!!:O Do you have VAIO:P

Dell inspiron 1520 mate. the laptop definitely has issues. people with this model have been complaining about fooked up batteries all over the web.and yeah its linux on this machine that told me that the battery was fooked. running at 20% of its capacity. going to die soon.

yeah me using a Inspiron 1525 one..it has overheating issues..No problems with batteries soo far..

whoa... even inspiron 1525 has heating issues?my 1520 gets so hot after an hour of usage that i can make an omelette over it! and i think that is the primary reason for the foocked up battery. batteries die very soon if the sorroundings are hot.and i thought they released the 1525 model coz the 1520 model has heating issues and they fixed that in the updated edition.

Mine get's heated up damn soon and use to get shut down..Dell replaced the parts and it's working somewhat okay now.Yeah overheating is mainly due to dust accommodation in fan's and heatsink..

Back