Notebook-Laptop Battery Queries

• Thread starter Thread starter siddking09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 79
  • Views Views 22,887
damn! my battery has gone bad too..Called the Dell technical support today, there is some serious flaw with my laptop's battery..it shows 100 percent charged and suddenly shows me error saying thats battery has fully discharged..sometimes gets stuck at 6 % charge.Looks like dell will replace it since am still on one yr warranty..anyways i have to admit that Dell arnt reliable as they used too before.I still find it difficult to understand that my laptop battery has gone bad since i hardly ever use my Laptop on battery..i'm always on AC adaptor..normally a battery lasts for 300 to 400 charges and i would have max charged it 5 or 6 times in last 6 months.:@

Well, some of the cells in the battery may have died, which can cause this to happen, if you have already calibrated your battery and its still the same, don't wait get it replaced ASAP

cool. i realized my battery was dying just 10 days after the completion of one year warranty period :P

i did not try calling them to demand a replacement. lazy me. i suffer as a result.

i'm always on AC adaptor..normally a battery lasts for 300 to 400 charges and i would have max charged it 5 or 6 times in last 6 months.

actually that IS the reason why our battery got fcuked up.

you are not supposed to keep power supplies on at ALL the time. that kills the battery. you dont do that with a mobile phone, do you?

yeah i should hve used it on battery too..my mistake..But am on the safer side due to warranty..Will call them asap and request for a replacement.The Dell technical guy i was talking too mentioned abt that calibrating thing..should try it today and see if that makes any difference.By d way "battery capacity" shown was 63% in Ubuntu battery info thingy..

so basically it is confirmed that Dell is indeed supplying its laptops in india with crappy batteries which tend to die within the first year of operation if not used carefully. i guess i would run the laptop on power removing the battery altogether. get a new battery and use it only when i take the laptop out on a trip.

my machine gets current on the keyboard is this because of battery problems?

That's strange. Really never heard of that. Why don't you ask that to your lappy manufacturer? :|

That's strange. Really never heard of that. Why don't you ask that to your lappy manufacturer? :|

same problem here! it happens only when i'm on Power, no problems while operating with battery..it has to be bcoz of improper earthing in my apartment, same happens wid my Canon digicam and other electrical stuffs which when it's plugged in.keyboard are made of plastics but there are areas under it which aint plastic..I do get slight shocks when i touch the area between keys for instance say when am dusting my laptop KB.

yeah! Dell batteries arnt reliable..But we have to put some blame on the condition we are using it..Battery life depends on the enviornment it is used ie proper ventilation, heat etc..But in India it gets soo hot and dusty.I have to dust my laptop almost everyday.

I'm planning to upgrade my laptop warranty by a yr once it's about to expire..costs nearly 6k for one year upgrade.Dell earns a lot of bucks through warranty upgrade.

Back