Now you See Me

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 5,834
Nice! Should watch it in Blu-ray again
I was thinking that french police woman would be the fifth horsemen and was thinking why the hell Mark Ruffalo was doing such comic role ..It all worked out in the end.

Morgan Freeman was revealing magician's secrets for money right? That makes him a Douchebag character!

did you add the spoiler tag after posting that post? because the notification i got from the forum showed the spoiler text in open. :D

chromaniac said:
Morgan Freeman was revealing magician's secrets for money right? That makes him a Douchebag character!
Not seen the movie. But question, based on the points mentioned is - Did he deserve what he got.
Personally, I see nothing wrong as long as he does it based on his own knowledge & thinking and not as a spy or something. Something like Penn & Teller.

He is hired by the bad guys to reveal the secret of the good guys in the movie. So basically he is the symbolic bad guy in the movie I believe... :-\ The Good guys con the bad guys and donate everything they stole. :-P Plus I think he was a former magician in the movie so he broke the magician's code :-P I don't remember much of the movie so not sure if what I said is completely accurate...

Again going by reading the above posts, he was helping FBI & insurance company guy. Not sure how they are shown. But as a general measure,it seems he is helping legitimate guys. Well, in general working for FBI guys & a major company to prevent theft/fraud would be considered doing good?
The revenge part seems to be inspired by the Saw franchise, wherein Tobin Bell also targets people directly or indirectly responsible for affecting him
Or maybe even Anniyan/Aparichit starring Vikram where his father contends in court that several people need to accountable for his daughter's death as it was their negligence/selfishness/laziness etc which was responsible.

It's basically a con movie where conmen are the good guys. :D This is where the difference lies. He was helping the bad guys who stole money from common people. Con men got them all to their show where they blanked the bad guy's bank account and transferred all the money stolen from the common people to their accounts. In real world, that would probably be massively illegal and I can imagine that the authorities would ensure that all those transactions are reversed and so on. :tongue:
I mean in real world... Insurance companies are the bad guys. Loan sharks and financial institutions are the bad guys. Even the FBI is the bad guy helping the evil guys con the common man :D

Back