Now you See Me

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 5,834
hehe. i mean i know that the movie is not realistic. and i enjoyed it largely because of that. con movies where conmen are the good guys can only work out if the 'good guys' do not win in the end. and that is what this movie did. if they were caught in the end, the entire movie would have sucked because of that ending. it was an entertaining movie where bad guys were the good guys and good guys were the bad guys :tongue:

I understand. Blue Streak starring Martin Lawrence is one of the movies I liked for the same reason. Even though he is a thief, we sort of want him to win till the end.
I would have understood them sort of getting away, but Morgan Freeman in jail - looks a little harsh on surface.

yup. i gave the best reference early in the thread... hustle tv series is exactly the same. you love the bad guys by law who rip off the bad guys by morals so they are not really the bad guys :P

I understand that part, so basically its like someone whom the protagonist of the movie helds responsible morally ends up in jail. Thats why my cross-reference to the saw series and the Anniyan/Aparichit movie.
I am thinking Freeman did not do anything legally wrong.. but still ends up in jail. Also, my views on trick revealing are plain as well.

Freeman was doing the job like mythbusters, revealing how magicians trick/fool the people. And no he was not working for the bad guys as he turned down the offer of the insurance guy of millions of dollars twice (first not taking the offer of not exposing), second time to put down the 4 horseman. he could have taken it but indirectly he helped the 4 horseman by not taking up the offer.

as for ruffalo holding freeman responsible for his father's death. that was absurd logic portrayed in the film. coz his father worked out a new trick in order to outdo freeman since he had exposed his previous tricks. but the new trick didn't worked out prolly coz he was not so good a magician.
But who in their right mind would plot the revenge for 18 yrs, live an undercover life of an fbi agent (when he could have bumped off freeman in other ways) just to avenge death of his father's own mistake. not to mention how he accumulated the resources to form himself as the eye of the horus.

I would have left Freeman stumped / clueless / confused / ridiculed etc as a "punishment". Jail? Naah...

Ruffalo didn't hold Freeman alone responsible. He wanted revenge against Michael Caine(for refusing insurance to his family after his father's death), the safe company(for making bad quality safes which was one reason his father couldn't come out), the bank(don't remember the reason) and Freeman(for revealing his father's tricks and making him desperate to try a trick which he had never performed). He wanted to beat Freeman in his own game by a magic trick which he won't be able to see through. For this he revived the legend of the Eye and hired those 4 magicians and create the four horseman. It did need a lot of planning and time I guess to plan and take this revenge.

Back