OEM versions of Windows 8 eligible for free downgrade to Windows 7 Professional

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 3,767
really possible ..???????i will get my laptop from courier ....in 1-2 hrs .... so i want to move to win7

well you have to check if your system is eligible. but i guess any laptop shipping with the oem copy should be. read through the document and see if it works for you. personally i do not see the point. windows 8 performance is much better than windows 7.of course. it applies to the pro edition of windows 8.

well you have to check if your system is eligible. but i guess any laptop shipping with the oem copy should be.

read through the document and see if it works for you. personally i do not see the point. windows 8 performance is much better than windows 7.

of course. it applies to the pro edition of windows 8.
ok i will try win 8 for 1 week ..and then i will decide... i was thinking about installing win7 piratetd copy

If Metro UI is the major hindrance, then I guess you have some tools which can easily bypass & load directly into the old Desktop etc. Or unless you have some compatibility issue with some particular critical apps, I dont see the need really to downgrade.

well you have to check if your system is eligible. but i guess any laptop shipping with the oem copy should be.

read through the document and see if it works for you. personally i do not see the point. windows 8 performance is much better than windows 7.

of course. it applies to the pro edition of windows 8.
and i think Dell is not giving win8 pro ....

:ohmy: for the love of god why? if you do not like the metro interface, just install any launcher app.Dell would probably offer the cheaper variant on budget segment models. and they usually charge a small fee to upgrade to the pro version. i do not remember the restrictions on the cheaper model. but it should not be a major botheration for a regular user. pro edition usually comes with advance features like bitlocker and file history.

i m getting V540719IN8-Inspiron 15R Special Edition (7520)3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM processor (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)8GB 2 DIMM (4GB x 2) DDR3 1600Mhz1.0TB 5400RPM SATA Hard DriveAMD Radeon(TM) HD 7730M DDR3 2GB - ICCIntel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230, 802.11b/g/n + Bluetooth v4.0Windows 8 Single Language Digital Product KeyIntel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230, 802.11b/g/n + Bluetooth v4.0Skullcandy Speakers with Waves MaxxAudio(R) 4 processingInternal 10/100/1000 Fast EthernetMOD,CVR,LCD,EX,FHD,7520,ICC( full HD SCREEN 1920*1080)

Back