Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,161
So I just called CC, he said the cable supplying NCR and Delhi area which is an undersea cable is cut. So I asked him was it the same cable which was cut in Taiwan. He did not answer just said that He cannot commit when it will be fixed but their team is working on it.Either the guy has no idea what is going on or he is lying.Either way don't think speeds are coming back up anytime soon.:wall:Maybe we should all start calling CC and ask for an explanation.EDIT p2p seems to be working fine getting upto 75KB/sAlso is anybody else except for North India facing this problem?

Things were a bit slow here earlier on as well, i was wondering what was up.

they keep taking about redundancy in underground OFC's..well where the hell is it?..every time there is a cable cut...there is a drastic drop in speed especially to sites located in the west accompanied with packet drops..ideally the APCN2 cable cut should not have had any effect on Airtel subscribers as they have access to multiple intl OFC backbones..

airtel internet routing is i think done through singapore so that might be a reason for our slowdown.

i2i (via Singapore) and SEA-ME-WE 4 (via Europe) are the two international backbones that Airtel uses, if I'm not wrong. Good redundancy!

Back