Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,161
does your gameplay get effected . i mean like in COD4 we have cheat which display ping 999 but in real we are still at 100-150 ping .

getting high pings
and request time out on various websites..

anybody else facing this problem????

Well if you wondering why you getting high pings or why some sites are taking waaay too long to load (gmail was taking like a minute for me) it's because of another cable that broke in Italy.

I was getting real bad pings for two days, soo i called the CC up :readtherules: ... as usual the guy told me everything is okay at first and he would send an executive over to my place to look into it. When i insisted that the pings were too high and a tracert showed me that i'm getting connected via Singapore, USA, Europe and India, while there can be a direct connection. He finally said another cable broke ..... why couldn't he have just said so in the beginning :madness:

Edit: seems like he didn't know anything... no cable broke anyways pings are normal for me now.

Great! I was wondering why the slow speeds to sites and increased latency. I guess we can expect this to happen once a year and get used to it. Hopefully they should solve the problem within a week. Thanks.

Well if you wondering why you getting high pings or why some sites are taking waaay too long to load (gmail was taking like a minute for me) it's because of another cable that broke in Italy.

I was getting real bad pings for two days, soo i called the CC up :readtherules: ... as usual the guy told me everything is okay at first and he would send an executive over to my place to look into it. When i insisted that the pings were too high and a tracert showed me that i'm getting connected via Singapore, USA, Europe and India, while there can be a direct connection. He finally said another cable broke ..... why couldn't he have just said so in the beginning :madness:

Your Airtel exec either lied to you or gave you news that is 2 years out of date.

As of now, there is no known disruption on either the SMW4 cable - either between India and Europe or India and Singapore, or the i2i cable between India and Singapore (these are both cables owned/part owned and used by Bharti).

An outage on SMW4 would also directly affect Tata customers, plus, Google has peering in India so it's more likely that its a routing problem or other failure at Airtel itself.

can u tell me which sites are taking time to load?? and high ping?

Your Airtel exec either lied to you or gave you news that is 2 years out of date.

As of now, there is no known disruption on either the SMW4 cable - either between India and Europe or India and Singapore, or the i2i cable between India and Singapore (these are both cables owned/part owned and used by Bharti).

An outage on SMW4 would also directly affect Tata customers, plus, Google has peering in India so it's more likely that its a routing problem or other failure at Airtel itself.

Hmm well i called them up again, and now some guy told me they are having some server upgrade/maintenance which would explain my high ping before, he said he had no clue about any cable breaking -_-

Anyways the pings seem normal to me now, so i guess it's fixed.

can u tell me which sites are taking time to load?? and high ping?

As i said in 1st post gmail was a tad bit slow and i was getting like 300-500ms pings on game servers in singapore :/ usually it stays at 70-120ms for me

Back